Sr. Business Analyst in Atlanta, GA
Top 3 skills needed: :
- Agile/Scrum Experience
- Writing user stories and acceptance criteria
- Airline domain - preferred
6 + years of overall experience is required
The Business Analyst job family defines skills for formulating and defining system scope using information technology and industry knowledge/requirements, based on both user needs and a good understanding of information technology, business processes, and industry requirements. The job progression identifies responsibilities ranging from assisting, formulating and defining systems scope and objectives to self-directed activities that result in client’s long term improvements in business processes.
- Provides BU Support, resolving issues not requiring extensive business / system knowledge.
- Communicates incident status / clarifies issues with business partner.
- Escalates incidents to seniors where business process and extensive system knowledge is required.
- Resolves application incidents and problems that require app code and/or op modifications such as lower complexity software problem resolution, training issues and documentation, and data problems requiring moderate business analysis, extensive business, and/or system knowledge.
- Responsible for a liaison role between the business and IT services providers to ensure functional specs are understood and they have what they need to develop their tech specs.
- Analyzes issues to be solved within an enterprise and helps provide solutions to meet the desired business outcomes through the use of IT
- Understands and documents business requirements and user requirements to ensure system designs meets business needs.
- Ensures knowledge transfer to the support organization occurs prior to system go-live.
- Schedules and communicates the system go-live date.
- Develops and/or update documentations and training materials.
- Ensures IT and SOX compliance is covered. -Documents functional requirements that describe the system, process, or product to fulfill business requirements.
- Responsible for functional design of application systems across all technologies and platforms.
- Translates user requirements to process and data requirements.
- Converts specifications about business problems into sequence of detailed programming instructions to solve business problems through automation support.
- Constructs program flow charts to describe the processing of data and development of precise steps and processing logic across all platforms.
- Provides broad understanding of platforms and applications across all technologies.
- Functions as an IT advisor to the business units.
- Oversees and guides the team of Business Analysts I, II