LOCATION: Langley AFB, VA
CLEARANCE LEVEL: Current U.S. Secret Security Clearance prior to work, able to obtain U.S. Top Secret Security Clearance (plus to already possess).
Video-Teleconferencing Services - Computer Support Administrator
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in a field applicable to this position (e.g. information systems, computer science, math, or engineering) and two (2) years of experience (four (4) without bachelor’s degree) providing technical expertise and support for VTC systems, including installation, upgrade, resolution of interoperability issues, and administration of hardware and software.
- Extensive background in VTC operation for 10+ years to include setup, administration and maintenance
- Provided security patching and upgrade installations recommended by vendor on a regular scheduled basis
- Expertly troubleshot issues and returned systems to fully mission capable with minimum impact to military customer; provided on-site orientation and in-depth training as required to users
- Developed handbook for day to day operation with easy to follow instructions
- Managed daily schedule and worked deconfliction to ensure maximum utilization without scheduling overlap issues; developed squadron website access tool for scheduling to allow customers to plan based on availability
- Developed tech refresh schema within budget and mission scope to maintain equipment based on projected End of Life, End of Service dates
- Developed a maintenance plan in collaboration with IA team to schedule updates and test lockdown impacts on system functionality with objective of minimizing impact to access for daily users
- Established standard list of distant end locations and POCs for pre-VTC coordination and trial runs
- Established rapport with CFP for immediate notification of NIPR/SIPR bandwidth degradation or planned Authorized Service Interruptions that would impact VTC and instituted a notification process for both local and distant end