We are seeking a talented and self-motivated Senior Front End Software Engineer to join our Philadelphia agile team of high-performing full-stack software engineers working on a cloud-based, enterprise-scale content authoring application platform used by external and internal users. Collectively, the team works in a highly collaborative environment that leverages a strong partnership between product management, product design & user experience, and software engineering & quality test engineering. As part of that environment, this position performs complex research, design, and software development assignments and provides direct input to project plans, schedules, and methodology in the development of our cross-functional software products.
Experience and Education:
- 8+ years of Software Engineering experience
- BS Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent experience required
- Relevant certifications a plus
- Join an agile team of high-performing Java software engineers working on a cloud-based, enterprise-scale content authoring application platform used by external and internal users
- Perform complex research, design, and software development assignments
- Provide direct input to the methodology, work planning, grooming, task assignments and delegation, and retrospective learnings in the development of our cross-functional software products.
- Work closely across the team to understand complex business and product objectives and translate them into software designs, writing and reviewing portions of detailed design specifications for the development of complex system components.
- Successfully implement development processes, coding best practices, and code reviews.
- Resolve complex technical issues as necessary.
- Keep abreast of new technology developments.
- Design and work with complex data models.
- Train and mentor less-senior software developers
Technical Skills & Qualifications:
- Ability to write and review portions of detailed specifications for the development of complex system components
- Experience building platforms in concert with UX/UI teams with focus on product design, user interaction models, rapid prototyping, story-boarding, user interface design, iterative user research, data science methods and analytics
- Strong background with providing technical guidance to product design (UX/UI) teams for best practice approach for product interface and interaction specifications and also developing maintainable HTML & CSS for implementing those specifications.
- Strong experience working in Agile software environments (Scrum / Kanban)
- Git source code repository experience (github preferred)
- Strong experience with agile work management systems (JIRA preferred)
- Active experience leveraging collaboration wikis for documentation and knowledge sharing (Confluence preferred)
- Windows or Mac OS using IDEs such as WebStorm, VSCode, etc
- Knowledge of test-driven development
- Ability to complete complex bug fixes
- Experience working as part of a larger, geographically dispersed team
- Some travel required (likely no more than 5% after initial onboarding)
- Good oral and written communications skills