Sr. Implementation Consultant
Implementation Consultants help manage business intelligence and analytics efforts, assess client business requirements, design customized solutions, and assist internal or external clients and third parties in the deployment of digital analytic tags, tools and solutions. While not a pure programming position, Implementation Consultants require deep technical expertise and familiarity with web-based technology and data collection methodologies. The Implementation Consultant is a constant face of the Analytics group and is frequently client facing. This includes interaction via phone, email, and/or in-person-including interaction with web developers, analysts, marketers, and executives. The Implementation Consultant role understands the critical impact user experience has on customer loyalty and how consistent, credible data is required to make positive impacts to those experiences. Successful Implementation Consultants will be able to:
• Quickly understand and identify key attributes of a client's website architecture, online business model, and online marketing strategy, including areas for improvement and optimization
• Effectively translate Business and Marketing requirements into analytics requirements as well as translate those requirements to efficient solution designs for the analytics tools. From the solution design a technical specification is created to be used by Development teams to implement the solution.
• Develop and troubleshoot code at a moderate level
• Efficiently manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Manage customer expectations appropriately and keep projects within schedule, scope, and budget
• Identify best practices and recognize implementation work arounds that do not adhere to those practices.
• Understand and be able to articulate the strategic impacts of data and the critical nature of ensuring credible data collection
• Strong understanding of HTML and web protocols
• Strong understanding of online marketing and digital analytics
• Exceptional organizational, presentation, and communication skills - both verbal and written
• Experience with Tag Management Systems such as Tealium, Adobe Launch, Google Tag Manager, Ensighten, etc.
• Deep expertise with online data collection solutions such as Adobe Analytics, Adobe Target,
Google Premium, Adobe Campaign, other BI type tools for collection, transformation, and data
delivery. This goes beyond simple deployments or having done only a few light
• Deep expertise with analytics testing platforms, fundamentals, process, and lifecycle. This is
different than functional QA and testing. This will need to be divorced from a vendor specific
dependency or reliance.
• Deep understanding of the data lifecycle, creating KPIs, measurement plans, and all governance
related to moving data from inception to insight delivery.
• Understanding of Customer Experience Platforms, Digital Marketing Platforms, and native / nonnative
integration capabilities within the Marketing Technology landscape.
• Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office and other productivity suites
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
• 3-5 years of implementation experience with a vendor, agency, or Enterprise organization
Special consideration given for:
• Expertise with multiple measurement platforms (Adobe, Google, Tealium, Observe Point, etc.)
• Vendor and/or industry certifications
• Prior consulting experience