Senior DBA –PostgreSQL & Some Oracle & MySQL
Alpharetta or Boca Raton
Be part of the client Database Services Team. As a Senior DBA you will be working with other top notch DBAs and Architects in a technologically diverse environment across best-in-class enterprise data centers. You will be working with Postgres, as well as some Oracle and MySQL. Be part of a team where best practices and standards are the norm and all are empowered to achieve success. Be part of a team that continually masters a high degree of collaboration and knowledge sharing and where members are able to excel in their accomplishments and realize their career goals.
Must Have Skills and Experience:
• Expert level PostgreSQL knowledge and experience with PostgreSQL 12, 11, and 10 - PostgreSQL certification preferred
• Extensive PostgreSQL technical experience in the following:
High Availability solutions using replication [Streaming, EDB xDB Replication Server, etc]
Backup and point-in-timer ecovery using PostgreSQL tools [ pg_basebackup, pg_dump]
Performance tuning, production operations & support
• Technical competence working with Oracle 12C, MySQL 5.7 and 8 a plus.
• Shell and SQL programming required, PERL a plus.
• 4 years automation experience using DevOPS tools. I.E., Terraform, Ansible, Chef, GitLab using one or more programming languages on bare metal and virtual environments [I.E., AWS, OpenStack, Proxmox]
• 5 years working in Linux and Unix environments - MS Windows a plus.
• Extensive industry experience (7+ yrs) that include serving as a DBA in all facets of DBMS design, implementation, deployment, administration and maintenance, and project coordination
• Five years or more of experience in database environment life cycle management and support of production and development environments
• Experience supporting Data Warehousing and ETL processing
• Experienced in database and disk system performance tuning
• Self-motivated detail oriented and highly responsible
• Capable of handling multiple assignments and additional responsibilities
The incumbent must support the database management system [DBMS] and all related software. Share knowledge with other database administrators on the procedures required to manage, administer, and support all development and production databases specific to his/her environment. Provide technical consultation and support to client base on database and data warehouse design and administration projects. Implement solutions based on best practices and document the configuration and deployment process for use by the DBA team. Demonstrate initiative beyond directly assigned tasks, require minimal supervision, and rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish objectives.
Design and Build Database Environments
Assist in developing estimates and schedules for new projects and/or extensions to existing systems. Work with DB Architect to create database designs that meet the company's business goals. Satisfy the immediate and future requirements from Product Management in the most cost-effective manner. Perform and document the physical database design to comply with DBA standards and provide optimum performance for the application systems. Ensure the effective physical utilization of computing resources by the DBMS in the Development, Test, and Production environments on a day to day basis. Propose and implement best-in-class tools and practices to support project goals and future evolution of the company's databases. Share Knowledge with associates and assist users, peers, and management in the development of new systems or in performing extensive system modifications.
1. Bachelor in Computer Science, MIS or related discipline or equivalent work related experience.
2. At least 5 years database administration/management experience; strong design/architecture, data migration, database performance & tuning, backup & recovery experience with multiple databases in large scale enterprise environments;
3. Advanced knowledge and understanding of data base administration.
4. Advanced knowledge of database analysis, manipulation, mapping, cleansing; data structures; exporting data; data processes/flow; database performance tuning/optimizing; scripting; creating databases and using data analysis tools.
5. Related experience within industry (Risk management/analytics, credit bureau, or Insurance) and related data content are strongly preferred.
6. Knowledge and understanding of ETL tools or related technologies.
7. Knowledgeable with network platforms and related network technologies.
8. Strong mentorship/leadership (involving the ability to present and train others in small and large groups) and team collaboration with multiple functional groups.
9. Strong interpersonal, communication/presentation skills (verbal and written) tailoring communication method and approach to the needs of the audience (such management, data staff, vendors, and technical/non technical staff).
10. Strong organizational skills and the ability to simultaneously and successfully prioritize and provide project leadership on multiple projects of varying levels of size and complexity and effectively apply project methodology.
11. Advanced and innovative problem solving; research; analysis; critical thinking; risk assessment and decision making skills for complex database administration and related issues.
12. Willingness to be on call and support critical database issues that arise in the evening or on weekends.