The candidate chosen for this role will work with team members in a nimble environment and apply technical, analytical, communication, and time management skills to produce and maintain high quality backend solutions (web service, console app, and database). The position is in a Back Office development environment engaging with technical and operations teams to build/rewrite backend components of new applications.
This position performs moderately difficult software design and software development assignments within the Back Office team. The candidate should have the ability to solve problems including the design of the program flow of individual pieces of code, effective coding, and unit testing.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering, or relevant field required
• 5-7 years experience required
• Proficiency in C# .NET required.
• Solid understanding of object-oriented programming.
• Experience developing .NET web services required.
• Experience developing .NET console apps preferred.
• Experience with .NET Core preferred.
• Familiarity of industry best practices in development, especially for .NET.
• Knowledge of agile software development methodologies.
• Knowledge of test-driven development is preferred.
• Proficiency with SQL.
• Knowledge of multiple data storage subsystems, especially MySQL and/or PostgreSQL.
• Understanding of data modeling principles.
• Ability to work with complex data models.
• Knowledge in using applicable toolsets (Visual Studio, Git, SoapUI, Postman, etc.)
• Experience with GitLab is preferred.
• Ability to complete moderately complex bug fixes.
• Good oral and written communications skills.