The Data Engineer will build and support data pipelines that provide accurate and timely analytics data on customer usage of our client. The information will be used to make critical business decisions and improve the company’s operations.
Responsible for design, analysis, evaluation, testing, debugging and implementation of our client’s data, metrics, and analytics pipeline.
Critical Duties and Abilities
- Understand the business requirements of all of our client’s business lines by building positive and effective working relationship with the Product Team, Project Management and Development teams. The ultimate result is to deliver solutions that meet the expectations of our Customers.
- Experience with the Business Intelligence / Data Warehouse lifecycle components including source data analysis, ETL, ODS, Data Lakes, Data Marts, Reporting, Dashboards, and Analytics.
- Strong problem-solving ability and a positive attitude.
- Architect and design analytic solutions that deliver business value.
- Implement software solutions according to design and business requirements on complex development efforts.
- Perform data profiling and analysis.
- Assist in creating documentation and training materials to familiarize other team members with the given system, and help educate non-technical staff.
- Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and manage change though the production environment.
- Experience with performance tuning and troubleshooting.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Intellectual Curiosity: Exploring new territories and finding creative and unusual ways to solve problems.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Data Science or equivalent work experience
3-5 years of relevant experience
Core Skills and Abilities
- Implementation experience deploying and supporting AWS solutions (or other relevant cloud big data platforms) like: Cloudwatch, Cloudformation, Lambda, Glue, S3, Athena, Redshift, and Kinesis/Kinesis Firehose
- Development experience with: Python (PySpark), SQL (standard ANSI, as well as Presto nuances preferred)
- End-to-end experience with file based and relational data management solutions - including experience with data modeling and data reporting in both data management paradigms.
Desirable Skills and Abilities
- Experience optimizing code for performance.
- Experience with Segment.com Analytics.
- Experience in the media/broadcast/video industry.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment. Will develop strong working relationships with internal customers and peer IT team members.
- Ability (and willingness) to learn new software and hardware systems quickly.
- Effective time management, written and oral communication skills.