Sr. System Engineer
Long term contract
The Systems Engineer serves as a liaison, requiring some high-level technical understanding of IT compute, storage, network, etc. The client has out-source vendors supporting the z/OS and z/TPF platforms but has multi-tiered applications that span multiple data centers. This position is more of a process leadership role, than a “hands on” technical role.
- Oversee the IT processes supporting the infrastructure and application systems
- Coordinate between internal and external teams to facilitate the maintenance, support and project work associated with IT platforms.
- Ability to work with multiple IT processes including but not limited to; change control, incident management, problem management, etc.
- Analyze requests for completeness and clarity
- Open Service Now requests as need
- Coordinate resources for validations as required
- Communicate to impacted teams via meetings and written communications.
- Ability to hold 3rd party vendors accountable
- 6 + years of experience required
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Ability to work with 3rd party suppliers
- Ability to drive tasks and issues to resolution
- Ability to keep others accountable and on task
- Prefer certification in ITIL V4 Foundations