The Java Developer- responsibilities include the integration and design of new application systems and/or life-cycle enhancement to existing complex multi-platform (Java)
• Responsible for evaluation and selection of the appropriate technical platform for the system.
• Create and test Java programs; collaborates with Web Designers, Web Developers, and Software
Engineers to integrate Java into websites, programs, and applications.
• Design, implement and maintain java application phases to take part in software and architectural
• Conduct software analysis, programming, testing and debugging.
• Identify production and non-production application issues.
• Transforming requirements into stipulations.
• Develop, test, implement and maintain application software.
• Recommend changes to improve established java application processes.
• Develop technical designs for application development.
• Develop application code for java programs.
• Responsible for determining the scope of the assigned project by assessing requirements from
business and technical/network personnel.
• Perform day to day activities which includes 30% design/analysis, 70%coding.
• Candidate will be able to work with a diverse project team, and work in a highly visible and changing
project environment with aggressive timelines.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
• 6+ years web development experience which includes the programming/development of web applications
• Strong Experience with Java/J2EE, Spring MVC, Hibernate, EJB, Spring.
• Design, code, test, and deploy J2EE based applications into industry-leading container/application server
environments such as Weblogic/JBoss/Glass Fish application servers.
• Conversion of legacy application architecture to micro-based service using domain driven and MVC
design mode is a plus
• Successful track record in designing and implementing web applications using J2EE, Spring, Spring MVC,
Flex, Hibernate, EJB 3.0, Struts, Oracle 10g, ANT, Maven, workflow engines, rules engines.
• Experience integrating applications and designing and developing web services and frameworks.
Extensive front and back end experience required.
• Experience working with large and small application development teams.
• Outstanding oral and written communication skills and experience working directly with end users to
understand and translate requirements to design.
• Taking ownership for producing results.
• Strong ability to diagnose critical problems and develop solutions.
• Ability to take part in production support and lead troubleshooting calls as needed.
• Strong understanding and experience with SQL/Stored Procedure.
• Strong understanding and experience with test-driven development.
• Relational databases - preferably Oracle, SQL Server, and DB2