Sr. Security ( Mainframe Engineer ) #28308
|Location: Atlanta, Georgia|
|ID Number: #28308|
Sr. Security ( Mainframe ) Engineer
Long Term Contact
• Minimum of 7 years work experience in IT with at least 4 year of information security experience with mainframe systems.
• BS/MS in Cyber Security, Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Information Services or equivalent.
• Understanding and experience with mainframe services such as zOS, RACF and TopSecret. concepts and best practices.
• Demonstrated understanding in formulating strategies, alternatives and recommendations in information security management
• Ability to evaluate risk and communicate it in a fact-based manner.
• Ability to clearly communicate with peers, business analysts, and subject matter experts
• Ability to lead and mentor junior team members and colleagues, and support leadership directives WHAT ELSE?
• Key industry certifications such as CISA, CISM, CISSP and mainframe certifications
• Experience across IT domains such as application development, infrastructure, technical support and operations, or continuity of business
• Understanding and working knowledge of cybersecurity governance frameworks such as NIST and SANS
• A history of driving transformational change
with management and other personnel to identify security best practices and applies a risk-based approach to information security as a senior SME covering the security aspects of Mainframe IAM services with a focus on RACF and TopSecret systems. T
his position leads out-source team staff on the technical aspects of Information Security architecture, development, and operations.
• Produce enterprise-level designs for zOS, RACF and TopSecret for global initiatives. Collaborate with infrastructure and operations teams to provide architectural and technical guidance.
• Lead steady state and continuous improvement efforts for Mainframe technologies for globally diverse solutions.
• Coordinate between infrastructure, application, and threat monitoring teams to ensure the timely and successful delivery of our solutions.
• Create and maintain system documentation for domain technologies, including installation, configuration, and appropriate troubleshooting steps.
• Developed, documented, and enforced the standards, security procedures, and controls for access to ensure integrity of mainframe systems.
• Own and lead solution implementations, upgrades, enhancements, and conversions.