Sr. Security Engineer (AWS/AZure and AD )
Long Term Contact
Minimum of 7 years work experience in IT with at least 4 year of information security experience in Identity and Access Management domain.
BS/MS in Cyber Security, Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Information Services or equivalent.
• Understanding and experience with Cloud IAM as a Service such as Microsoft Azure Active Directory, AWS Managed Active Directory, Identity Federation protocols such as SAML2, WS-Federation, OAuth and OpenID Connect
• Understanding and experience of virtual directory services, webservices and APIs, and microservices architecture and deployment
• Experience with design and implementation of Identity and Access Management solutions such as PING, ForgeRock, Okta, & CA
• Demonstrated understanding of modern Identity & Access Management concepts and best practices.
• Demonstrated understanding in formulating strategies, alternatives and recommendations in information security management
• Ability to evaluate risk and communicate it in a fact-based manner.
• Ability to clearly communicate with peers, business analysts, and subject matter expert
s • Ability to lead and mentor junior team members and colleagues, and support leadership directives
WHAT ELSE? • Key industry certifications such as CISA, CISM, CISSP and cloud security certification for Azure & AWS platforms
• Experience across IT domains such as application development, infrastructure, technical support and operations, or continuity of business
• Understanding and working knowledge of cybersecurity governance frameworks such as NIST and SANS
This role plans and develops security measures to safeguard information against accidental or unauthorized modification, destruction, or disclosure
. Works with management and other personnel to identify security best practices and applies a risk-based approach to information security as a senior SME covering the security aspects of Cloud IAM services with a focus on AWS, Azure, and on-premises AD systems.
This position leads less experienced technical staff on the technical aspects of Information Security architecture, development, and operations.
• Produce enterprise-level designs for AWS including Cognito, Azure including Conditional Access, and Active Directory for global initiatives. Collaborate with infrastructure and operations teams to provide architectural and technical guidance.
• Lead steady state and continuous improvement efforts for Active Directory technologies for globally diverse solutions
. • Coordinate between infrastructure, application, and threat monitoring teams to ensure the timely and successful delivery of our solutions.
• Create and maintain system documentation for domain technologies, including installation, configuration, and appropriate troubleshooting steps.
• Developed, documented, and enforced the standards, security procedures, and controls for access to ensure integrity of AWS, Azure, and Active Directory, and related systems.
• Support integration and authentication projects for 3rd party vendor solutions, SSO and cloud hosting.
• Own and lead solution implementations, upgrades, enhancements, and conversions. Recommends solutions as appropriate for AWS, Active Directory, and Azure.