Cloud DevOps Engineer
We are currently searching for a Cloud DevOps Engineer skill set to join our team in Johns Creek, GA. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. It is an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Datum Software Inc.
The Cloud DevOps Engineer who will work closely with the development, test, and commercial teams supporting high demand, cloud-based software components. Candidates will work in a small team and be the internal expert and requires in-depth troubleshooting and problem solving where you will have to roll your sleeves up and dig in.
As a Cloud DevOps Engineer, you will be responsible for building solutions using cloud services to run custom applications, do cloud engineering to support our development team, and assist in Production Operations. You will be responsible for utilizing cloud-related technical skills to support the team and enhance existing support processes and tools with innovative solutions. This position is an opportunity to be involved with leading-edge technology with a growing global client base and contribute to the success of our world-class product offerings.
This is a high impact, fast-moving organization that delivers enterprise solutions to increase engagement and effectiveness. The selected individual will work with various groups to define requirements, understand the application, and provide implementation and maintenance guidelines to effectively implement collaboration applications to the enterprise.
- At least 5-8 years of total experience with Linux/development background with at least 2-3 years on public cloud
- Experience with high-level programming languages including Java/J2EE technology stack.
- Understanding of core AWS services, uses, and basic architecture best practices.
- Experience architecting highly available and scalable systems using principles of AWS well-architected framework
- Resolve internal service requests, setup early implementation in development environments, and build new release candidates
- Provision new and upgrade existing AWS environments, executing product upgrades in the scheduled duration, and ensure timely delivery
- Work with the Engineering team to resolve issues in the execution of the above-mentioned activities
- Strong understanding of Amazon web applications, web technologies, cloud services, Nginx, Apache, MySQL/MS SQL Server, OpenVPN, Bind9 DNS
- Experience with a broad portfolio of AWS infrastructure resources (RDS, EBS, S3, EC2, AWS Beanstalk, Elastic IP, ELB, NACLS, IAM, AWS Lambda, API Gateway DynamoDB, Cloudwatch, Route 53, VPC, SES, SQS, SNS, Security Groups and Network ACLs, AWS VPN, VPC peering)
- Experience with developing, building, and operating sophisticated and highly automated Cloud infrastructure (AWS, Docker & VMware) a must.
- Experience with AWS Cloud Formation, Opswork, Elastic Beanstalk, Code Deploy/, Pipeline/Commit, and DSL such as YAML JSON required.
- Proficiency in administering AWS resources using AWS CLI
- Working knowledge of networking concepts: DNS, TCP/IP, Firewalls
- General understanding of security concepts including Authorization, authentication, Encryption techniques, ModSecurity Rules
- Administration experience with Linux, Windows, MySQL/MS SQL Server & OpenVPN, Bind9 DNS
- Working knowledge of activity automation using Powershell or Python
- Experience with Configuration Management tools like Puppet, or Chef.
- Experience with CI/CD tools like Jenkins, Hudson, SonarQube, GO
- Experience with Build tools such as Maven or Gradle
- Understand, implement, and automate security controls, governance processes, and compliance validation
- Maintain AMIs (Amazon Machine Image) with required patches and upgrades
- Restore databases and servers from snapshot / Glacier
- Provide metrics for usage / availability / service targets
- Experience with platform optimization, acceptable development methods, and deployment/build methods
- Define and deploy monitoring, metrics, and logging
- Agile systems development techniques utilizing Continuous Integration (CI)/Continuous Deployment (CD) and DevOps.
- Experience delivering applications on the public cloud compliant with industry security standards (HIPPA, PCI DSS, CCPA, and GDPR).
- Look for opportunities to streamline and improve processes and optimize costs on AWS.
- Good communication and problem-solving skills.
Experience with the following is desired:
- Agile development methodologies such as SCRUM or Kanban
- Amazon AWS or Google Cloud Platform or Microsoft Azure certifications
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or other technical disciplines, or equivalent experience
As a technology leader in the Payments industry, Datum Software offers tech professionals access to new technologies and the support of a collaborative team. With encouragement and flexibility to test your ideas, you will directly impact company growth and success. You will also benefit from:
- Dedication to work/life balance which includes flexible work arrangements and tools to support your lifestyle
- Commitment to technology innovation through initiatives like our Business Innovation Garage where professionals can test new ideas, technology, and prototypes
- A dynamic company culture that encourages engagement, supports Employee Resource Groups, values your input, and embraces a relaxed atmosphere
- wellness programs with discounts & rewards
- Healthcare onsite and standard benefits (medical, dental, vision)
Datum Software is an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action Employer and is dedicated to providing employment and promotional opportunities based on individual merit. Qualified minorities, females, disabled individuals, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Datum Software is also committed to providing a drug free workplace.