We are recruiting for a Sales Engineer to join the Datum Team. In this role you will be working work closely with the sales team and leadership to manage existing clients and to cultivate prospective clients. The goal of the Sales Engineer is to secure the technical win through the creation of high-quality technical content including Proofs of Concepts, RFP responses, presentations and demonstrations of system and application design.
Essential Job Duties (include but not limited to):
- Partners with Sales and Technology leadership teams to lead the technology pursuit, analysis, roadmap definition, and strategic initiatives in a collaborative and results-oriented fashion.
- Assesses sale’s opportunity, solution alignment, and risk in all aspects of pre- and post-sales activities.
- Independently develops and delivers outstanding presentations and demonstrations that range from standard to custom and complex demonstrations.
- Identifies and manages creation maintenance of White-papers and distribution vehicles including Marketing and Communications.
- Facilitate customer solution understanding through meetings, presentations, and demonstrations throughout the sales cycle
Required Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years in a customer-facing role, preferably in a presales engineering capacity or consulting role focused on system and application design.
- Minimum of 5 years supporting, delivering, or designing enterprise IT solutions,
- Must have extensive technical experience in application development, Cloud Services, andcustom web and mobile applications, and technical architecture and infrastructure components.
- Ability to articulate the business application/value of the technology to all audiences, ranging from technical to executive-level decision makers.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation communication skills along with time management, and attention to detail.
- Contributes Best Practices to Sales on a constant basis, has considerable knowledge and provides valuable answers, responses, and artifacts on top competitors.
- Strong working knowledge of Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.