The primary purpose of this role is to work cross-functionally to ideate, develop, project manage, and deliver Private Brand creative programs. This role will identify opportunities and coordinate product category strategies in partnership with Product Development, Creative, and Brand Management teams to enhance the Private Brand omni-channel experience, elevate the brand, and increase consumer engagement.
The Category Manager is responsible for managing the execution of concurrent and complex projects from conception through delivery, including managing scope and resources, scheduling, budget tracking, developing project plans, and providing status updates to both project stakeholders and executive teams. This role will manage all factors that govern project success to ensure high-quality delivery within time, cost, and quality parameters.
- Work collaboratively and synthesize feedback and input from marketing, merchandising, product, creative and brand partners.
- Understand long range requirements of the business partners and engage in strategic planning and partnering to ensure alignment.
- Understand the category, key competitors, and be willing to develop customer specific category growth strategies and knowledge.
- Maintain a balanced focus on both the small details of a project and the larger objectives and schedule.
- Facilitate project-related team meetings (i.e. kick-offs, status, internal/client reviews, etc), communicating action steps ensuring all stakeholders have up-to-date, day-to-day reports and project milestones.
- Manage the design and development process of graphics, copy, and photography for all creative projects.
- Review all creative, inclusive of item specific packaging production to ensure that quality and brand standards are met, and product(s) is being showcased in a way that will resonate with the consumer and facilitate the buying process.
- Provide accurate project plans including all major milestones, activities, and resources required to complete project, while aligning with Private Brand goals and strategy.
- Liaise with outside agencies and vendors to ensure seamless integration and delivery of creative and production projects.
- Build and foster relationships with both internal and external teams, acting as the liaison between internal customers and creative production teams.
- Communicate consistently with project stakeholders and executives as appropriate, ensuring deliverables are being met by all team members at all stages of the project.
- Drive process improvements and minimize risk to the organization and customer.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, or related field
- 5+ years of experience in a marketing, large retail environment, consumer package goods company, or advertising agency that services Fortune 500 companies.
- 5+ years of experience managing multiple product vendors and categories.
- Experience developing and executing omni-channel brand strategies.
- Demonstrated ability to influence people and craft compelling, fact-based stories to drive category solutions internally and with the customer.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects effectively, between working on large scale creative projects and managing the production of creative with designers, producers, and copywriters to execute the creative vision to completion is paramount.
- You must have a proven ability to liaise with internal stakeholders and creative teams to ensure timely delivery of creative projects, working with both internal teams and external partners.
- Excellent communication skills and a strong team work ethic
- Excellent attention to detail, possess excellent time management and strategic
- Must have previous experience working with design, advertising and/or marketing teams.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office with advanced skills in Excel.
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative, concept-driven environment, thinking outside the box to provide innovative solutions for customer/business needs.
- Excellent planning and organizing skills; ability to plan for all eventualities and provide solutions
- Experience using MAC platform
- Have relentlessly high standards (is never satisfied with the status quo).
- Packaging development, structural and print/production process knowledge a plus.
- Adept at writing detailed Statements of Work and Project Briefs