Long Term Contract
6 + years of experience required
- Responsible for the design, testing, evaluation, implementation, support, management, and deployment of security systems/devices used to safeguard the organization’s information assets.
- Also responsible for analyzing the information security environment and assisting with the development of security measures to safeguard information against accidental or unauthorized modification, destruction, or disclosure.
- Works with the technical team to recover data after a security breach.
- Configures and installs firewalls and intrusion detection systems.
- Develops automation scripts to handle and track incidents.
- Investigates intrusion incidents, conducts forensic investigations and mounts incident responses
- Delivers technical reports and formal papers on test findings.
- Installs firewalls, data encryption, and other security measures.
- Maintains access by providing information, resources, and technical support.
- Ensures authorized access by investigating improper access; revoking access; reporting violations; monitoring information requests by new programming; recommending improvements.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes information systems and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Builds, deploys, and tracks security measurements for computer systems and networks.
- Mitigates security vulnerabilities by implementing applicable solutions and tools
- Performs vulnerability testing, risk analyses, and security assessments.
- Collaborates with colleagues on authentication, authorization, and encryption solutions.
- Tests security solutions using industry standard analysis criteria.
- Responds to information security issues during each stage of a project’s lifecycle.
- Performs risk assessments and testing of data processing systems.
- Establishes system controls by developing framework for controls and levels of access; recommending improvements.
- Establishes computer and terminal physical security by developing standards, policies, and procedures; coordinates with facilities security; recommends improvements.
- Safeguards computer files by performing regular backups; developing procedures for source code management and disaster preparedness; recommends improvements.
- Determines the sensitivity of the data in order to recommend the appropriate security needs.
- Develops proposals for, and consider cost effective equipment options to satisfy security needs.
- Communicates with the technical team, management team and users companywide if data security is breached.
- Designs infrastructure to alert the technical team of detected vulnerabilities.
- Evaluates new technologies and processes that enhance security capabilities.
- Supervises changes in software, hardware, facilities, telecommunications and user needs.
- Defines, implements, and maintains corporate security policies.
- Analyzes and advises on new security technologies and program conformance.
- Creates, tests, and implements network disaster recovery plans.
- recommends security enhancements and purchases.
- Trains staff on network and information security procedures.
- Develops security awareness by providing orientation, educational programs, and on-going communication.
- Recommends modifications in legal, technical and regulatory areas that affect IT security.