Solution Architect - Disaster Recovery #9689
|Location: Eagan, Minnesota|
|ID Number: #9689|
Solution Architect - Network/Disaster Recovery
Disaster Recovery: Solution Architect (Network Engineer)
• Experience with data center disaster recovery designs and implementation -- (More the better.)
• WAN/LAN Network Design and Operation
• Disaster Recovery Purposes – take a look at our existing network and work with the engineers to establish how we are going to redesign it for disaster recovery.
• Highly self-motivated, independent. .
• Experience with VMware Virtualization
• Familiar with F5 Load Balancing Equipment
• Global Sight Selection (DNS Sight Selection)
• Implement a virtual Disaster Recovery environment architected to be easily expandable to accommodate future DR Waves that are capable of handling a peak production load. This environment must be architected in a fashion to enable DR end to end Dress Rehearsal testing multiple times a year.
• Implement all remaining Core applications.
• Implement high priority Wave 2 applications that standardly fit into the virtualized DR environment
• Analyze needs for infrastructure upgrades to support effective operations during a Disaster event and implement as budget allows, initiate additional projects, or schedule for future DR Waves.
• Investigate additional virtualization technologies/options to enhance the DR virtualization environment to accommodate future DR Waves
• Determine the strategy for DR coverage of applications that will not technically work in the visualized DR environment.
• Implement remaining redundant external data feeds.
The role requires the individual to be responsible for the execution of the overall solution vision for the assigned project. The architect identifies and translates system requirements into a prescribed architecture blueprinting and guide process by building/maintaining the necessary project artifacts. The role reports to and requires collaboration with Domain Architect, Project Manager, and IT Portfolio Manager. This architect role provides leadership to the rest of the IT development team lead and the developers to ensure the solution is achieved through the delivery of the approved technology.
We are looking for someone with extensive experience in disaster recovery. We don't expect the individual to re-engineer our existing WAN/LAN. Rather, we expect them to be able to effectively communicate with current Network Engineers associated with the project to derive the best implementation solution for a modern, virtual Disaster Recovery system.