These projects require senior level Java resources that have experience in the full life cycle of software development and support activities. The candidate will meet the deadlines provided by the technical manager, project managers and business units by understanding and analyzing requirements, designing, developing and testing solutions. The candidates will submit program and design work for review by the technical and user staff and leads review of other team members' work to assure the application has sound analysis, programming and design techniques. The candidates will also maintain existing code base as well as new codes that go into production. The successful candidates will guide junior team members in development, testing and troubleshooting and overall act as mentor. Candidates will stay abreast of emerging technologies and trends in software development industry. The ideal candidates must have extensive experience in architecting Java solutions and integration of disparate systems.
- Provide design leadership in large or complex development projects with Java expertise involving application development, migrations, and additions to existing applications. Participate in project meetings with other technical staff and business owners and subject matter experts
- Work with other leads/architects to define best practices and coding standards. Review application in progress of development to ensure compliance with overall design parameters and corporate development standards
- Assess and develop high level design requirements for project and communicate in writing or in meetings with development team. Assess detailed specifications against design requirements
- Write technical documentation including data flow, architecture and technical specifications
- Guide and mentor less experienced programmers/developers on technical work/issues
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology or other related technical discipline.
- Should Have 10+ Years of IT Experience
- Strong experience in Core Java; C# is a plus
- Deep knowledge on Java Development Frameworks for designing and developing enterprise architectures (Struts, Spring, Hibernate)
- Programming knowledge in distributed Java, J2EE, service oriented architecture(SOA), middleware, integration technologies, and frameworks like JSP, JSTL, JMS, JNDI, JDBC, JAXB, Struts, Hibernate, Maven, log4j and JUnit
- Experience with Java Script and JS frameworks like JQuery and DOJO.
- XML technology experience such as XSD, XPath, XQuery, XSLT, etc.
- Exposure in developing and configuring Web Services; Solid understanding of Java Web Services WSDL, SOAP, XML, RESTful, Web Services Development Kit
- Experience with creating and integrating single sign-on solutions
- Motivated self-starter – works well independently, but ability to also work well in a team environment
- Demonstrates professional behavior under pressure
- Ability to resolve complex and diverse issues by identifying underlying or hidden problems and patterns
- Clear understanding of end-to-end application delivery in a multi-platform environment (mainframe, client server, web).
- Knowledgeable and experienced in the full Systems Development Life Cycle and Testing Methodologies.
- Comfortable in interacting with staff and management, including Executive levels.
- Must be meticulous in creating high quality, high value deliverables
- Ability to write technical design documentation in clear and understandable fashion
- Possess well developed communication skills – oral, written, listening. Good analytical and negotiation skills, and close attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask and stay well organized
- Must have strong collaboration skills