Datum’s Government Solutions team is currently looking to hire an experienced Qlik Developer. The Datum Qlik Develop will provide the Air Force Learning Services Ecosystem (AFLSE) program with support to ensure system availability, integrity and confidentiality. The AFLSE program is located at Randolph Air Force Base in San Antonio, Texas. AFLSE is a cloud-based learning ecosystem that will allow students to learn anywhere, anytime and on any device.
The developer will deliver complex content management solutions to customers and be able to work effectively both as an individual, and as part of a team that is led by a Project Manager. They will participate in the implementation of a large enterprise Qlik initiative and will be responsible for design and development of web solutions using the Qlik platform, including, but not limited to, designing and developing site structure, custom components, custom workflows, object model designs (Java APIs), implementation strategy, and unit testing.
The successful candidate must be self-motivated and have an assertive yet professional demeanor, a high technical aptitude, be detail oriented, and possess strong multitasking skills.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Administering Qlik servers
- Setting up and managing security
- Develop and deploy Qlik dashboards
- Manage daily Qlik jobs that update files and dashboards
- Performance tuning, setup and configuration related to Qlik
- Interacting with business users to ensure that Dashboards are delivered and deployed in a timely manner
- Recommending and Implementing best practices for Qlik dashboard and data layer development, sizing and configuration
- Documenting Qlik environment
- Responding to users regarding access privileges and questions about data
- Assist clients in achieving strategic objectives through technology solution implementation
- Setup and configuration of AEM development environments
- Setup and configuration of AEM Author and Publish instances and ensuring all code works in both environments
- Translating business requirements into technical details relevant to Qlik
- Ensuring quality of code is high for themselves and other team members
- Understand the client’s technical environment and how they use technology to provide the best, focused advice
- Provide input into estimating engagement activities and execute engagements following the Agile methodology including SCRUM
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Information Systems or other IT related field
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT related field, or equivalent experience.
- 3 to 5 years experience in Qlik Administration and Dashboard development.
- Ability to effectively assist with user support / reporting community questions and inquiries
- Ability to organize and execute formal training in a group setting when needed.
- Strong SQL Skills is a must
- Qlik Developer and administration experience is a must
- Strong Java/J2EE/JSP experience – minimum or 4 years developing large system applications
- Experience with the Software Development Life Cycle
- Experience with Agile Scrum methodologies
- Experience with Department of Defense rule, regulation and policies (preferred)
- Expert analytical, written, verbal communication, and interpersonal skills
- Expert in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Access and Word)
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a government led MultiFunctional Team (MFT)
- Ability to manage time effectively and meet deadlines
- Ability to work within a team and independently
- Ability to juggle multiple projects while meeting stringent deadlines
Perform other duties as assigned by the Senior Program Manager.