The Quality Assurance Analyst will establish procedures and strategies to ensure the quality assurance of applications. This role will collaborate with IT resources to develop test plan timetables, manage and coordinate testing activities, and verify that end user expectations are met. Additionally, this role will assist in leading efforts to transform the current environment into an automated framework. The Quality Assurance Analyst will be working in a fast-paced startup environment and have access to the latest Microsoft technologies.
- Assist with developing procedures and strategies for the Quality Assurance of applications based on industry and best practice testing solutions.
- Collaborate with IT resources to create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and timetables.
- Review functional and technical requirement documents to ensure requirements are testable. Develop test scenarios and use cases to test code.
- Manage, coordinate and execute all required testing activities in accordance to test plan.
- Participate in daily stand-ups as needed to communicate testing progress and status.
- Identify testing risks and provide mitigation plans to minimize risks.
- Escalate Quality Assurance issues to the project manager and assist with resolving.
- Establish testing metrics for test execution and defect trending. Record defects by clearly articulating and defining each issue. Coordinate with IT teams to identify appropriate resources to ensure resolution.
- Verify that end-user experience meets expectations during testing as well as post-implementation.
- Communicate testing updates to all business leaders and project stakeholders.
- Assist in leading efforts to transform the Quality Assurance environment into an automated framework.
- Stay abreast of emerging quality assurance knowledge, practices, trends and technologies. Identify and recommend improvements to enhance systems.
- This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s manager at any time based upon Company need.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 3 years’ experience with quality assurance testing or similar work experience
- High proficiency with Microsoft platforms to include Office, SQL Server and Dynamics
- High proficiency with Selenium web application
- Understanding of agile methodology and frameworks like Scrum
- Proven ability to communicate technical information into an easily understood concepts
- Proven ability to act as a business partner across various departments
Datum Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran. Background Check and Drug Screen may be required for this position.