Training and Development Specialist
Location - Atlanta, GA
The Training and Development Specialist will work closely with cross-functional teams, to produce and ensure delivery of high quality and effective documentation to our end users.
Trainer will educate people in a technological field. Will develop technical training programs and help others develop skills that will make them better professionals.
Trainer must be extremely knowledgeable in their field of expertise and possess solid technical aptitude. Additionally, an excellent communicator, able to explain complex subjects in a clear and interesting way
Must be able to facilitate meetings and work as a liaison between business users and IT personnel to produce training and instructional documents on the Integrated Tax Solution (ITS) current processes, system changes and upgrades.
Specific duties include (but are not limited to):
• Facilitate information gathering sessions with the business users, business analysts, and technical staff.
• Coordination of communications activities including documentation of requests and process improvements.
• Consults with subject matter experts and technical staff to validate functionality and workflow for preparation of instructional or training documentation for communications to end users.
• Documents business processes and create instructional documents for users of new or upgraded systems.
• Identifies training needs, providing guidance and training to customers or less experienced staff.
• Serves as a resource in the development and implementation of outreach communication.
• Work with SME’s, BAs, and technical teams efficiently to ensure technical accuracy of documentation.
• Maintain revision control of created and/or revised procedures and documents.
• Create procedures based on standardized templates.
• Convert legacy/previous formatting to latest formatting.
• Conducting IT skills gap analyses among employees
• Designing technical manuals using simple language
• Performing role-specific training on tools and programs each team uses daily
• Maintain updated records of training curriculum and materials
• Bachelor’s in Information Technology, Computer Science or relevant field AND 5 years of experience providing educational, training or instructional services in functional area. (IT/IS, End User Support etc.)
• 5 years technical documentation experience:
• Proven work experience as an IT Trainer, Technical Trainer or similar role
• Experience designing technical course material
• Familiarity with web-based learning platforms and modern educational techniques
• Developing end-user documentation (online and hard copy)
• Creating content from scratch by using resources such as UI specifications and their own research as inputs
• Operating within highly matrixed organizations, collaborating with SMEs across organizational boundaries
• Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio.
• Experience using SharePoint or similar software for sharing documentation
• Experience producing training or instructional documents
• Produce training schedules and classroom agenda
• Prepare training material (presentations, worksheets etc.)
• Execute training sessions, webinars, workshops etc. in groups or individually
• Knowledge of modern training techniques and tools in technical subjects
• Experience in designing technical course content