Sr System Engineer
In this position as a Sr. System Engineer you will be responsible for designing and developing end-to-end VM/Middleware/Application Stack deployment solutions for product delivery teams using vRealize 8.X solution and Ansible.
RESPONSIBILITIES: · Design, implement and support VMWare vRealize Automation/vRealize Orchestrator as the client's cloud management platform.
*· Expertise in Designing Blueprints using Design Canvas, Event Broker, Event Subscription, XaaS in vRA 8.X.
* Experience in integrating vRA/vRO 8.X with external End Points like AD, IPAM, Cisco ACI, Patching, Monitoring ·
*Provide Tier 3 support for VMWare vRA/vRO and Ansible Tower technologies.
*Troubleshoot problem areas in a timely and accurate fashion and provide root cause analysis, involve the appropriate resources as needed. Act as lead for escalation of issues.
* Proven ability to consume and create secure RESTful APIs to facilitate integration ·
*Build end-to-end application deployment solutions for Delta product delivery teams. Implementation of projects from concept to delivery from an operating platform perspective.
*Participate in scrum agile teams in a DevOps engineering role. · Support our Ansible Tower enterprise environment including engineering playbooks, training and developing standards and guidelines for engineers in their use of Ansible. ·
*Participate in system design improvements and performance enhancements. ·
* Mentor and educate others within the organizations in the areas of your expertise. ·
* Administrate and support Delta’s Private cloud offerings.
QUALIFICATIONS: · Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science and/or *5+ years of relevant product experience. ·
*5+ year’s experience with vRealize 8.X Suite (vRA, vRO, vIDM, vRLCM, vCenter, vSphere) in a hands-on role. ·
*5+ year’s experience developing vRA Blueprints, vRO Workflows using YAML, Java Script/PowerShell/Python ·
*Experience with various configuration management tools such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet or SaltStack. ·
*Experience with operating applications in a private cloud environment. * Experience with Infoblox, F5 Big-IP Local Traffic Manager and Cisco ACI. ·
* Experience with log aggregations tools such as SumoLogic, Splunk or Elastic Stack. ·
* Ability to clearly communicate and present to various levels of the organization from junior developers to senior management. ·
* Strong organizational and analytical skills with attention to detail · Independent and self-motivated and very thorough worker
REQUIRED SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE: ·
* Proven experience in designing, deploying and managing VMware VRA/VRO deployments.
* vRA/vRO 8.X design and development in an enterprise private cloud. STRONGLY DESIRED SKILLS:
* Experience with using cloud management portals such as vRealize Automation, AWS, Azure
* Experience with manipulating RESTful APIs to programmatically automate manual tasks ·
* Experience working within an Agile/scrum framework
* Familiarity with the Cloud ecosystem, products and solutions