Seeking a Senior Developer to help us with our cloud(azure) migration, in addition to
design and development of web applications. Responsible for directing web site content creation, enhancement and maintenance.
o Bachelor degree in computer science or equivalent training required
o 8-10 years experience required
o Exercises independent judgment with minimal direction from supervisor
Must Have Skills:
DevOps(GitLab/GitHub) 3 years
Cloud Technologies(Azure, AWS, GCP) – Highly Desirable
PHP/Java 5-8 years
MySQL 5 years
Apache Web Server 3 years.
HTML/CSS 3 years.
o Experience with Containers, Docker and Kubernetes.
o Experience with creating CI/CD pipelines using GitHub/GitLab.
o Experience with one of the Cloud Technologies (Azure, AWS, GCP), preferably Azure. (Highly desirable)
o Experience with XML, SSO, PHP framework such as Zend, (Highly desirable)
o Experience with software architecture, system tuning, continuous integration (Highly desirable)
o Project level leadership and Object Oriented design methodology experience
o Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills (Required)
o Strong ability to work independently and manage one’s time (Required)
o Strong leadership and mentoring skills necessary to provide support and constructive performance feedback (Required)
o Self-motivated, detail oriented, and highly responsible
o Must be a faster learner and multi-tasker
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities:
o Supervise the design, build or maintenance of web sites, using authoring or scripting languages, content creation tools, management tools and digital media
o Migrate and develop applications in Cloud
o Supervise the writing, design, or editing web page content
o Direct web site updates
o Create devops pipelines in gitLab/github
o Containerization, running the application in Kubernetes.
o Review problems uncovered by testing or customer feedback and approve the correction of problem
o Advise and direct management or development teams to prioritize needs, resolve conflicts, develop content criteria or choose solutions
o Direct development or validation of test routines and schedules to ensure that test cases mimic external interfaces
o Maintain understanding of current web technologies or programming practices through continuing education
Can you tell me a little bit about the project that this contractor will be working on and what is creating the need for this position?
• Two projects
• One application is an underwriting portal that allows users to order risk analysis reports.
• Customers using this application are insurance carriers gathering risk analysis on their subjects
• Uses MySQL database
• Another application allows users log into various portals
• Also uses PHP, Laminas Framework.
So that suppliers can paint a good picture to candidates, can you walk me through what a typical day might look like?
• Enhancements on the login application
• Enhancements on the underwriting portal
• Building/updating CI/CD pipelines.
• Run/ maintain applications in Azure.
• Trying to revamp the underwriting portal to include more screens
• Semi-Agile environment, moving towards it
• Meetings every other day for status checks
• JIRA and other Agile tools are starting to be used
• Monthly releases
Does your team work standard core hours or does that vary?
• Core hours
• Minimal off hours work for releases
Top 3 Skills
• Phone screen with manager and one other team members
• In person interview with the team in Alpharetta
• Skype interview for non local candidates