Full Stack Developer
Datum Software is looking for Full Stack Developer skill sets to join a highly innovative team that is building brand new, mission-critical software for payments.
As a developer on a team that owns the full-stack, you’ll be focused on driving improvements to our technology stack, and collaborating with sharp engineers and highly-engaged users to ship code continuously. You’ll get to apply your domain expertise to harmonize with our highly-scalable transactional backend system, in order to bring a solid, easy to use, customer facing experience on any mobile device.
We work closely with users, designers, product managers, and QA to deliver features with high frequency, can pivot on a dime when needed, and are aggressive about test coverage, refactoring, and paying off the technical debt in order deliver the highest quality user experience for the customer. We use a broad array of technologies (Angular JS, Bootstrap, Full Spring Suite, Hibernate, RESTful API, AWS, Mobile and IOT technologies) picking the right tool for the job at hand.
We’re looking for developers who share our passion for continuously improving the customer experience, who are motivated by challenging problems in distributed systems and algorithms and who love writing great code. If our business and culture sound like they might be a fit, we’d love to hear from you.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 7-8+ years professional experience in software development.
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design.
- Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem-solving, and complexity analysis
- Familiar with XML, JSON, SOAP and REST-based APIs.
- Proficiency in, at least, one database (Oracle, SQL Server, DB2 or MySQL).
- Implementing and supporting Microsoft Azure or Amazon Web Services infrastructure and topologies.
- Must be a self-starter who requires minimal supervision.
- Understanding of Agile, SCRUM, and Continuous Delivery.
- Experience with integrating and leveraging 3rd party and/or open source technologies.
- Experience with writing Database scripts, utilities, and desire to automate routine tasks to improve developer velocity.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project.
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
- Airline/Hospitality or Banking or Payments Domain will be Plus.
- Working knowledge of mobile architecture, trends, and emerging technologies.
- Experience working in iOS and Android applications will be plus.
- Experience working in IOT Technologies like Amazon Alexa and Google Home will be plus.