The contract System Administrator shall support the Chief of OSC Comm Support Team to ensure servers, workstations, peripherals, communications devices, and software. The Contractor will provide training and continuity throughout the OSC in regards to C2 Systems, including familiarity with OSC systems coordinated and congruent within existing OSC configurations.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities. The Contractor shall provide personnel that meet the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution with a minimum of five (5) years of experience (seven (7) without bachelor’s degree) in a USAF AOC, or joint partner equivalent, and demonstrated proficiency administering operational-level C2 and associated systems including, but not limited to, TBMCS, MAAP-TK, GCCS-J, JADOCS, VMware, and Citrix. Experience within an USAF AOC is preferred over joint experience.
- Experience supporting AOC operations within classified environments to include SIPRNet and/or JWICS.
- Demonstrated proficiency using unclassified (NIPRNet) and classified (SIPRNet) network enterprise environments, office automation software to include Microsoft operating systems and Microsoft Office suite of applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook), and hardware virtualization environments.
- Demonstrated systems administration proficiency with Microsoft Windows operating system software for servers and workstations.
- Demonstrated systems administration proficiency with Sun Microsystems Solaris operating systems software for servers and workstations.
- Completion of the Air Operations Center Initial Qualification Systems Administrator course (AOCIQTSYS), when provided by the Government.
- Certification(s) in accordance with DoD Manual 8570.01-M IAT LVL II (or its replacement).
- Install, configure, maintain and administer C2 systems and other servers including, but not limited to, TBMCS, MAAP-TK, GCCS-J, JADOCS, VMware, and Citrix. Tasks include, but are not limited to, auditing system logs, password changes, authoring/deploying group policies and user account maintenance.
- Install, maintain and administer software based on commercial operating systems, including but not limited to Windows XP/7/10, Solaris, Linux, Unix, and Windows Server 2008/2012/2013.
- Load C2 system application software and patches.
- Install, configure and maintain rack mounted and stand workstations/servers.
- Manage local system backup.
- Manage remote system backup connections and utilities (e.g. SnapMirror).
- Coordinate with local and remote users, workgroup managers, and communications focal point personnel to resolve computer software and hardware problems.
- Coordinate changes to the C2 systems network, computers, servers, or LAN systems with communications focal point and configuration management personnel.
- Participate in Development Test and Evaluation (DT&E) and Operational Test and Evaluation (OT&E) of C2 systems and new technologies as directed by the Government.
- Provide system administration subject matter expertise during the design, procurement and fielding of hardware/software systems.
- Provide mentorship and training to newly assigned OSC C2 systems administrators, engineers, or other users as required. Create new training tasks as required.
- Collaborate with local AOC Training Managers as necessary to ensure mission qualification training (MQT) requirements and instruction are accurate and are representative of the OSC configurations, technologies, and support responsibilities.
- Provide trouble ticket management, coordination and resolution as a member of a global AOC/C2 system help desk.
What We Offer
Datum is allows you to put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people.
Datum Software is an equal opportunity employer, and does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices based on race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.