This is a position in Quality Assurance responsible for testing, analyzing, and validating public records data files fabricated in-house for Insurance marketing solutions. This position works with development/ operation/ project management/ product management and back office to enhance quality and process standards and to plan and execute effective and efficient test approaches to accomplish on-time and efficient delivery of high quality data and software products.
• Expertise in testing of data files and quality assurance processes, tools, and methodologies, including experience leading successful process improvement efforts. Experience in test planning, including developing test approaches, cases, conditions, and expected results, and in test execution and results analysis.
• Ability to test and do data analysis, validation, data profiling, and hygiene of data.
• Proven testing skills demonstrating the ability to deliver high quality, complex projects on time, on budget, and to specification.
• Written and verbal communication skills including the ability to discuss issues and concepts with technical and business personnel. Must be able to work effectively with a wide variety of individuals, including management, engineering, operations, project management, product management, and QA staff.
• Ability to work through complex problems to reach a workable solution.
• Ability to understand large complex systems of diverse technologies and functions.
• Content expertise in the planning and execution of software testing, including hands-on testing and process improvement experience. Experience with applying multiple test methodologies.
• Ability to work in multiple complex testing environments in order to test cross-platform impacts.
• Demonstrated expertise in innovating solutions to improve testing effectiveness and efficiency.
• Content expertise with the business and systems of the line of business or similar unit supported.
• BS degree with Computer Science or MIS
• 4-7 years’ experience required
• Must have experience with data testing, analysis, profiling, hygiene, and validation
• Exercises independent judgment with minimal direction from supervisor
• Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills (Required)
• Experience with Quality Center / HP ALM and JIRA
• Java, C or Python, Data querying experience using SQL
• Experience performing ETL data validation
• Experience with xml files
• Strong ability to do data testing, analysis, profiling, hygiene, and validation
• Ability to work with QTP (Quick Test Pro) a plus
• Strong ability to work independently and manage one’s time (Required)
• Strong knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology (Required)
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Write test plans, scenarios, scripts, or procedures.
• Work with data team to do data testing, analysis, profiling, hygiene, and validation.
• Provide test execution status and defect reports to project team.
• Review and approve testing programs that addresses areas such as database impacts, software scenarios, or usability.
• Review documentation of software defects and assign software developers to investigate and resolve the issue.
• Write test schedules or strategies in accordance with project scope or delivery dates.
• Build automation solution
• Review software documentation to ensure technical accuracy, compliance, or completeness or to mitigate risks
• Participate in product design reviews to provide input on functional requirements, product designs, schedules, or potential problems.
Can you tell me a little bit about the project that this contractor will be working on and what is creating the need for this positon?
• Research to sort and validate the integrity of this data
• Backend testing and making sure they are storing correct data
• They need someone to build automation for their data warehouse, SQL skills key
• Utilize Python
• This is not a customer facing project
So that suppliers can paint a good picture to candidates, can you walk me through what a typical day might look like?
• Training on a LN proprietary language to start
• The environment varies from project to project, semi-agile
• Attending requirement gathering meetings
• Testing independently
Does your team work standard core hours or does that vary?
• Core business hours
Top 3 Skills
1. Development background experience
• Phone interview with manager
• In person interview with the team (3-4 people)