Sr Business Analyst
Contract to Hire
The Senior Business Analyst position will be responsible for leading strategic data projects, and act as a liaison between data engineering team and our business/customers in all matters of data, reporting and business intelligence. This position is responsible for managing the data engineering requirements, and implement best practices for the data analysis, quality, and accuracy.
- Lead strategic enterprise level data related projects
- Responsible for coordinating the analysis, preparation, and planning activities of all data Project Requests and Business Cases
- Have a solid understanding of requirements.
- Work with business stakeholders to identifying their data needs, and serve as the primary liaison between Business Owners, Team Leaders and all functional areas involved
- Create enterprise level end-to-end data flow diagrams, data lineage maps and logical data models.
- Develop automated quality control procedures to assess quality of data and provides reports to data owners.
- Use advanced analytical skills to monitor trends, diagnose problems and surface opportunities.
- Help to further develop the company’s data literacy
- Collaborate with data engineering to build robust data pipelines and models
- Collect, interpret, and synthesize inputs from various parts of the business into technical requirements
- Present and communicate in a professional and effective manner.
- Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
- Other duties assigned to ensure overall departmental efficiency
- Represents the interests of the project sponsor, the ultimate users of the system/process and the corporate strategy as a whole
- Key partner with the Technical Manager, Business Owners and Systems Developers.
- May lead and direct the work of others
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- SQL skills with demonstrated ability to write efficient, complex queries
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- BI Tool experience (i.e.; Power BI, Tableau, etc.) is a plus
- Strong organizational skills with ability to simultaneously and effectively coordinate multiple efforts, various cross functional teams, and individuals
- Team player – desire to contribute to various projects with ability to develop detailed project plans
- Ability to assess business impact of issues, prioritize them and act to rectify
- Ability to quickly assimilate new technologies and information
- Strong facilitation and communication/influence skills at various organizational levels in the business
- Resolve conflicts, plan strategically, and effectively manage time for self
- Comfortable acting as an individual contributor
This position has no leadership responsibilities.
This position will be performed from either the Alpharetta, GA or Rolling Meadows, IL office as assigned with the ability to work from home
POSITION TYPE/STANDARD SCHEDULE
This is a Full-time position and hours of work are Monday through Friday; 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Occasional travel may be required Minimal travel – Typically less than 10%
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in data Analytics, Engineering, Computer Science, Business, or similar degree
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in a professional environment with significant emphasis on Data, Analytics, and Reporting systems
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.