Creative Production Category Specialist
The primary purpose of this role is to work cross-functionally to ideate, develop, project manage, and deliver small-scale Private Brand creative programs. This role will coordinate product category strategies with support from the Category Manager in partnership with Product Development, Creative, and Brand Management teams to enhance the Private Brand omni-channel experience, elevate the brand, and increase consumer engagement.
With guidance from the Category Manager, the Category Specialist is responsible for managing the execution of multiple concurrent projects, developing project plans, and providing status updates to project stakeholders.
- Work collaboratively and synthesize feedback and input from marketing, merchandising, product, creative and brand partners.
- Understand the category, key competitors, and be willing to perform competitive audits in support of the Category Manager.
- Maintain a balanced focus on both the small details of a project and the larger objectives and schedule.
- Facilitate project-related team meetings (i.e. kick-offs, status, internal/client reviews, etc), communicating action steps ensuring all stakeholders have up-to-date, day-to-day reports and project milestones.
- Support the design and development process of graphics, copy, and photography for small-scale creative projects.
- Review all creative, inclusive of item specific packaging production to ensure that quality and brand standards are met, and product(s) is being showcased in a way that will resonate with the consumer and facilitate the buying process.
- Provide accurate project plans including all major milestones and activities required to complete project.
- Liaise with outside agencies and vendors to ensure seamless integration and delivery of creative and production projects.
- Build and foster relationships with both internal and external teams, acting as the liaison between internal customers and creative production teams.
- Communicate consistently with project stakeholders, ensuring deliverables are being met by all team members at all stages of the project.
- Drive process improvements and minimize risk to the organization and customer.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, or related field
- 3+ years of experience in a marketing, large retail environment, consumer package goods company, or advertising agency that services Fortune 500 companies.
- 3+ years of experience managing multiple product vendors and categories.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects effectively, between working on small scale creative projects and the ensuring a successful production rollout.
- You must have a proven ability to liaise with internal stakeholders and creative teams to ensure timely delivery of creative projects, working with both internal teams and external partners.
- Excellent communication skills and a strong team work ethic
- Excellent attention to detail, possess excellent time management and strategic
- Must have previous experience working with design, advertising and/or marketing teams.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office with advanced skills in Excel.
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative, concept-driven environment, thinking outside the box to provide innovative solutions for customer/business needs.
- Excellent planning and organizing skills; ability to plan for all eventualities and provide solutions
- Experience using MAC platform
- Have relentlessly high standards (is never satisfied with the status quo).
- Packaging development, structural and print/production process knowledge a plus.
- Adept at writing detailed Statements of Work and Project Briefs