We are seeking people that love software development and are excited to learn and utilize new and interesting technologies. Our team’s primary focus is on building and maintaining the back-end services and administrative user interfaces required to power Local Now. Our team has a heavy focus on cloud-based serverless application development in AWS. We require candidates with a knowledge of software architecture and strong communication skills. We don’t expect that you will know everything but we do expect that you will be excited about learning new technologies and expanding your knowledge. We often work on the bleeding edge but have a very grounded and collaborative team. We leverage Scrum Agile to deliver our software and rapidly iterate and continuously deliver software solutions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implement cloud software solutions based on architectural designs and specifications..
- Participate in software design and code reviews. Reviews are held to ensure a high level of software quality and to share knowledge with team members.
- Participate in Agile Software Development including attending daily standups, backlog creation, backlog grooming, backlog refinement, and backlog estimation.
- Participate in, and adhere to, professional software engineering best practices and standards using such tools and methodologies as Agile Software Development, Continuous Integration, Source Code Management.
- Report regular status updates to the Manager Localization Systems. Including, but not limited to, effectively communicating project schedules and potential schedule changes for development.
- Address production issues in a timely manner including root cause analysis and working with the Manager, Localization Systems to bring such issues to resolution.
- Maintain a high level of proficiency with Computer Science/Software Engineering knowledge and contribute to the technical skills growth of other team members.
- Complete tasks both independently or as part of a team as required.
Education, Experience, Certification Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in Computer Science or comparable work experience
- 2-6 years of experience in enterprise software application development with a focus on web application development
- 2+ years of full-stack development in ASP.Net Framework or ASP.Net Core
- 2+ years working with SQL Server or other RDBMS
- 1+ years of experience of CSS preferably in Bootstrap, Material or other CSS frameworks
- 2+ years of experience in web service development
- 1+ years of experience with NoSQL databases
- 1+ years of cloud development experience with AWS or Azure
- 2+ years working in a Scrum Agile environment
- 1+ years of experience with application and cloud-based software architecture
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Languages: C# .Net, .Net Core, Typescript, Angular 2+, SQL
- AWS: Lambda, S3, Cloud Formation, Cloudfront, SQS, API Gateway, DynamoDB, RDS, CodeBuild, CodePipeline
- Tools: Visual Studio 2017/2019, Visual Studio Code, GitHub, SQL Server Management Studio
- Concepts: Dependency Injection, Generics, Multi-Threading, Test-Driven development
- Ability to translate business requirements into an end to end software solution
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Participate in regular code reviews to ensure consistency and quality
- Eager to learn new technologies and skills
- Able to work closely and effectively with team members
Datum Software is an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action Employer and is dedicated to providing employment and promotional opportunities based on individual merit. Qualified minorities, females, disabled individuals, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Datum Software is also committed to providing a drug free workplace.