Sr Full Stack Java Developer
Contract to Hire
- Candidates must have green cards or be US citizens
- 4 + years of development experience required Full stack Java, C++ developer
- AWS design/development/delivery, Agile/Scrum, Angular, unit test usage/writing, Linux, SQL, GIT, API development
- Rotating 7x24 support experience CPU and memory optimization experience
- Detail oriented
- Excellent verbal and written communication Visual Studio (C++) a plus
- Version 1 experience is a plus Experience working in a collaborative environment
Our client is hiring software engineers to develop and maintain operations software to support the Operations and Customer Center (OCC) that is used to manage the operation.
- Create, maintain, and provide production support for critical enterprise applications used by the Operations and Customer Center (OCC)
- Must have the ability to transform complex business and functional requirements into technical solutions
- Participation in the design, development, testing, deploying UI Screens using Java
- Develop and maintain devops processes for cloud infrastructure both on premises (Red Hat OpenShift) and in Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Create conceptual, logical, and physical architectures and curate OpenAPI specs
- Test driven approach to coding
- Accurately estimate deliverable timelines
Supporting the software after production deployment which includes:
- Modifying existing software to correct errors, adapt to new hardware, and improve performance.
- Rotating 24x7 coverage is also required to support the client’s worldwide operation.
Utilize the following skills:
- C++, Java, Struts, Linux
- Communicate effectively with leadership, business partners and vendors
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR? WHAT EXPERIENCE DO YOU NEED?
- The Developer position requires a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or Information Systems or any equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training in the computer systems development field.
- 4+ years developing C++ and Java applications
- Experience with version control software (ex. Git)
- Experience working with stakeholders to identify relevant requirements and understand how those requirements fit into the broader enterprise context for the application/platform
- Have the ability to resolve complex technical problems with limited oversight
- Familiar with Scrum/Agile development methodology
- -The ideal candidate would have a commitment to learning and staying abreast of technical advances.
- -They would be able to meet deadlines and be able to thrive in a team setting.
- They would have excellent, concise written communication and their verbal communication must be clear and easily understood for resolving issues on technical conference bridge calls.
- They would be very collaborative with other team members and be able to mentor other developers who are just learning Java.
- Have experience building API’s for both external and internal consumption would be a plus as well as experience as a technical lead for a development project
- Recognize, troubleshoot and provide solution fixes for latency/performance issues
- Cloud design and development
- Containerization solutions: OpenShift, Kubernetes and Docker
- SOAP secured services (WSSE and shared certificates)
- -Assists in defining alternate solutions for the business problem.