Our direct client has an opportunity for a Lead Software Engineer to lead a product squad delivering a scalable platform for authoring, delivering and scoring performance-based competency assessments. The product’s machine-learning models and data analytics observe nursing students as they work through a task, capturing not just their answers but their behavior, process and problem-solving approach.
We expect the successful candidate to spend 50% of their time close to the technology, coding and developing software with the remaining time collaborating with product and platform shared services teams ensuring development remains aligned to goals.
Our squads enjoy full autonomy regarding how they go about delivering against long and short-term goals, helping to ensure alignment and quality. In addition, we will look to the Lead Software Engineer to work with the business to suggest simple, maintainable product features which meet/anticipate customer needs.
This is a high-profile project and the successful applicant’s contribution will ultimately be transformative to the business. This product is a recent acquisition by our client and would require the lead engineer to be responsible for meeting the delivery of various product roadmap milestones. Lastly the successful person should understand the needs of automation in the SDLC process.
Technical Skills and Experience required:
1. Recent career history operating as a Senior Software Engineer or similar to show evidence of leadership/mentoring others and at least 50% hands on developing web applications.
2. Minimum 7+ years Software Engineering experience
3. Experience with Front-end OOP/MVC/MVVM frameworks using React, or Angular preferred.
4. Experience with Java/RESTful API backend development, Spring Boot, Spring Hibernate in a containerized microservices architecture preferred.
5. Strong hands-on experience with Agile methodologies.
6. Experience of successful project/product completion and delivery.
7. Demonstrable experience of production products, SDLC, REST (and other API) development architecture.
8. Ability to partner and lead internal technology resources in solving complex business needs.
9. Strong skills in setting, communicating, implementing, and achieving business objectives and goals through the direct management of others.
10. Strong organization/project planning, time management, and change management skills across multiple functional groups and departments, and strong delegation skills involving prioritizing and reprioritizing projects and managing projects of various size and complexity.
11. BS Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent experience required.
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.”