Requirements for candidate submission:
Portfolio with at least one case study that demonstrates visual design and research work. Portfolios that contain only visuals and no explanation of work will be rejected.
Our direct client is currently seeking a Senior UX Designer to help students in healthcare improve learning outcomes through their learning platform.
The role will initially involve carrying forth existing design work into development for a Fall pilot and will transition into exploring problem spaces that result in new design concepts.
As a Senior UX Designer, you will co-lead the Adaptive Content Experience squad with the engineering lead and product manager. You will also work closely with the broader UX team to help deliver exceptional user experiences.
The designer will need to demonstrate the following in this role:
Ability to steer the ship and influence the roadmap
~20% of the role
• Able to approach things from a phased approach, can understand and address business needs but also steer or push back when needed, someone who understands and accomplishes objectives in scalable ways
• Working with stakeholders to influence the roadmap, actively participating in the drafting of stories in Jira, our project planning tool.
• Excellent at prioritizing efforts to maximize value for the user
Seeks deeper understanding of the problem space with empathy and clarity that are reflected in the design work
~60% of the role
• Practices a user-centered design process including iterating on current design work and designing for a future state
• Ability to articulate and ask the right questions
• Work across teams with the tenacity to seek out answers
• Facilitate ideation workshops that bring together multiple stakeholders to ideate
Leads research activities in order to drive a user-centered focus
~20% of the role
• Should be comfortable with these types of methodologies: user testing, usability testing, secondary/domain research, problem discovery and benchmarking our current system
• Provide clear and actionable research findings
• Demonstrates pragmatic ability to pair research effort with project timeline
Required experience and qualifications
• Demonstrable experience (5+ years) creating engaging designs for complex web and mobile applications.
• Online portfolio of case studies, highlighting exemplary design and user research deliverables
• Expert knowledge of UX and interaction design best-practices and patterns
• Experience leading or participating in a data driven UX design process
• A passion for being a user advocate and for building easy to use, delightful user experiences.
• A love for talking to users and learning about what they do and how they work
• Innate ability to understand complex systems and problems and ability to see the big picture. You think strategically but can practically apply it without getting lost in the clouds.
• Looks for opportunities to develop new ideas or thinking within own role
• Demonstrates effective conversational skills, including active listening and questioning
• Excellent attention to detail — you should notice even the smallest inconsistencies.
• Seeks team members’ input and expertise; facilitates open and interactive discussion of matters affecting the team
• Confident, yet very humble. Little ego, big open mind.
• Expertise with design tools e.g. Sketch, Figma, Invision, and Axure.
Preferred experience and qualifications:
• Bachelors or Masters degree in a design subject (Psychology, UX, HCI, Product Design, Design, Graphic Design, etc discipline) is preferred, but not required. Experience designing mobile native apps and mobile web apps.
• Web accessibility experience.
• Front-end development experience. Some understanding of what’s technically feasible, and when to ask.
• Experience working in an agile environment with issue tracking tools, like Jira, to track daily work.
TOP 3 must-have skills you’re looking for: (Measurable skills, technologies, etc.)
a.) UX and UI design to create design concepts and final UI design using Sketch/Figma, Axure, Invision or other design tools
b.) Propose and conduct user research to understand user needs and validate designs
c.) Conduct UX work with an agile development team