Sr Apigee Developer
Long Term Contract
*Our client is looking for a Senior API Developer for the CTT team focused on leading the company to an API first architecture.
*This person will have a critical role as the company continues to expand its existing products as well as roll out new software.
* You will need to be comfortable in a fast-paced agile environment. *
*Must have the ability to take on projects and areas of responsibility and own them with minimal supervision.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES IN THIS ROLE
• Using and implementing AWS API Gateway(preferred)/ Apigee for the full API lifecycle management
• Implementing API policies and transformation
• Design and development of RESTful API
* Generate swagger and other API documentation
• Develop automated acceptance and unit test for the agile team
* Work with tools to automate dev, build, deployment and testing
• Writing Junit/integration test cases to validate the code quality and code coverage
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR? WHAT EXPERIENCE DO YOU NEED?
- 7+ years of application development and implementation experience
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in designing and developing high volume web services using API Protocols and Data Formats (REST, JSON, SOAP & XML).
- 3+ Experience in API management tools like AWS API Gateway/Apigee Edge in designing API facades, designing and implementing API Proxies, and Developer portal
- Strong skills in developing and supporting RESTful services in a Java environment
- Expert level knowledge of REST API/service patterns
- Experience with agile development and TDD/CI/CD practices
- Experience in securing APIs using Oauth, SAML, Open ID Connect and etc.
- Strong knowledge in API Modelling languages and annotation (YAML, Swagger, RAML)
- Experience with automated testing tools like Selenium, Cucumber, and JUnit
- Must be able to effectively and professionally communicate with management, staff and customers as well as demonstrate sound judgment/reasoning skills
- Ability to work independently to achieve exceptional results
- Strong communication, interpersonal skills, customer service skills, customer focus
- Works well within tight deadlines (able to prioritize)
-Assists in defining alternate solutions for the business problem.
• Ideally you will have a background in the Airline or e-commerce industry
• Must be able to prioritize work on multiple project teams, with the overall goal of satisfying all deployment needs and effectively supporting diverse clients.