Sr Full Stack Developer, Decision Science
Full Term Position (Green Card holders & Citizens only)
OVERVIEW & KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
The Sr. Full Stack Developer will be responsible for bringing bleeding edge machine learning and optimization models into production together with a highly multi-disciplinary team of data scientist, software development engineers, strategic partners, product managers and subject domain experts.
This role will take models developed by the data scientists and integrate it in with the rest of the company’s platform.
This could involve building an API around the model so that it can be served and consumed, and then being able to maintain the integrity and quality of this model so that it continues to serve really accurate predictions. Location: Atlanta or Minneapolis.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED-MUST HAVEs/Responsibilities:
- This position will partner with Data Scientists and Data Engineers to operationalize models and deliver insights to the business
- Take responsibility for ensuring that Machine Learning code, models and pipelines are deployed successfully into production, and troubleshooting issues that arise
- Continuously integrate and ship code into The client’s on premise and cloud Production environments
- Transform data science protypes and applying appropriate ML algorithms and tools
- Develop deep learning systems to various use cases based on the business needs
- Automate model training and testing and deployment via machine learning continuous delivery pipelines
- Build data APIs and data delivery services that support critical operational and analytical applications for The client’s internal business operations, customers and partners
- Ensure a good data flow between database and backend systems
- Design and implement metrics to verify model and algorithm effectiveness.
- Optimizing solutions for performance and scalability
- Define KPIs and acceptance criteria for model performance in production
- Ensure that the client’s methodology, standards and procedures are adopted and implemented
- Ensure that the technical solutions meet the customers' business goals and that customer satisfaction with the project and conclusion is high.
- Act as a Point of contact for technical issues, creating documentation, monitoring service levels.
- Coordinate activities with internal/external technology owners/service providers.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED-MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- High School Diploma, GED or High School Equivalency
- Embraces Diverse people, thinking and styles.
- Consistently makes safety and security, of self and others, the priority.
- 5+ years of experience in designing, developing, integrating and running business, big data and/or data science applications.
- Knowledge of mining complex data (including structure and unstructured), identifying patterns, and feature engineering
- Experience with design patterns and implementation and deployment AI and/or data science products.
- Experienced with deploying and managing infrastructures based on Docker, Kubernetes, or OpenStack, and Clouds such as OpenShift, Azure, AWS or Google Cloud Platform
- Proficiency with Python, Java, Scala, Spark
- Experience developing, testing and deploying APIs
- Experience building applications based on Microservices Architecture
- A solid understanding of large-scale data processing platforms (Apache Spark, Apache Hadoop)
- Knowledge of data engineering and experience with big data
- Linux and shell scripting expertise
- Proficiency with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Proficiency with scalable data extraction tools (e.g. Cassandra, MongoDB)-
- Experienced in using AI/ML platforms, technologies, techniques (e.g. TensorFlow, Apache MXnet, Theano, Keras, CNTK, scikit-learn, H2O, Spark MLlib, etc)-
- Experience with automating application deployment, continuous delivery, and continuous integration (Jenkins, Ansible)
- Experience with VersionOne, JIRA, GIT(gitlab, Bitbucket or other.),
- Experience using Agile/Scrum methodologies
- Candidate must be solutions oriented using rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions, probing all sources for answers.
- Candidate must also have excellent written and verbal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and management.
- Additionally, candidate must be a self-learner with the ability to pick up new technologies and provide tangible results.
- Strong problem-solving skills and capability to understand and set direction for complex technology integration.
- Understanding and focus on business outcomes.
- Strong teamwork skills
- Where permitted by applicable law, must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire to be considered for U.S.-based job, if not currently employed by The client’s Air Lines, Inc.
WHAT WILL GIVE YOU A COMPETITIVE EDGE (PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS)
- Functional knowledge of the airline business or airline IT processes
- An eye for detail
- BS/MS degree, preferably in a technical or scientific field