Sr Business Analyst #29640
|Location: Atlanta, Georgia|
|ID Number: #29640|
• Facilitate requirements gathering for products/projects and necessary analysis and documentation to ensure the changes are made.
• Participate in the development and grooming of Backlog Stories (requirements) with business and technology partners, including estimating and sizing effort and release planning.
• Facilitate Planning, Daily Stand Up, and Retrospective meetings.
• Maintain Epics, Stories, and Tasks in VersionOne.
• Work across stakeholders and teams to continuously improve. Drive delivery and continuous improvement by utilizing feedback and metrics to identify areas of opportunity.
• Maintain an exceptional level of customer focus centered on integrity and transparency.
• Work with the Product Owners to support short and long-term release planning, and to keep backlog health and prepared for execution.
• Coordinate resolution of issues to include change management, root cause analysis, and appropriate escalation as needed.
• Lead meetings; keep team members focused and facilitate groups to reach timely consensus.
• Listen to the customers; respond to their needs in a manner that provides added value.
• Foster close cooperation across all team members; encourage cross-training and team support.
• Build a trusting and safe environment that fosters open communication.
• Committed to continuous improvement through empowerment and servant leadership.
The ideal candidate has the above plus
• Three (3) to five (5) years project coordination, organizational and decision making skills.
• Able to work in a fast paced environment with minimal supervision.
• Able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Must be customer service oriented and have strong interpersonal skills
• Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to be self-motivated while also motivating teams.
• Experience in data analysis, SOA, Understanding of XML, SOAP, SOAPUI, and Web service technologies
• Experienced with one or more Agile development methodologies (i.e. Scrum, Kanban, Lean, etc.)
* Experience with VersionOne, Swagger Hub, OpenShift, YAML, Gitlab and/or previous Airline experience preferred (or nice to have)
The job progression identifies responsibilities ranging from assisting, formulating and defining systems scope and objectives to self-directed activities that result in client’s long term improvements in business processes. '
-Provides BU Support, resolving issues not requiring extensive business / system knowledge.
-Communicates incident status / clarifies issues with business partner.
-Escalates incidents to seniors where business process and extensive system knowledge is required.
-Resolves application incidents and problems that require app code and/or op modifications such as lower complexity software problem resolution, training issues and documentation, and data problems requiring moderate business analysis, extensive business, and/or system knowledge. '
-Responsible for a liaison role between the business and IT services providers to ensure functional specs are understood and they have what they need to develop their tech specs.
-Analyzes issues to be solved within an enterprise and helps provide solutions to meet the desired business outcomes through the use of IT
-Understands and documents business requirements and user requirements to ensure system designs meets business needs. -Ensures knowledge transfer to the support organization occurs prior to system go-live.
-Schedules and communicates the system go-live date.
-Develops and/or update documentations and training materials.
-Ensures IT and SOX compliance is covered.
-Documents functional requirements that describe the system, process, or product to fulfill business requirements. '
-Responsible for functional design of application systems across all technologies and platforms.
-Translates user requirements to process and data requirements.
-Converts specifications about business problems into sequence of detailed programming instructions to solve business problems through automation support.
-Constructs program flow charts to describe the processing of data and development of precise steps and processing logic across all platforms.
-Provides broad understanding of platforms and applications across all technologies.
-Functions as an IT advisor to the business units.
-Oversees and guides the team of Business Analysts I, II