Local Candidates - Alpharetta, GA
Potential to get extended
Our products utilize server solutions running from a cloud provider along with systems housed within our local data center. We also have native iOS and Android end user offerings within our solution suite.
This position needs an expert Java and Spring developer along with expertise in AWS. The selected candidate would be doing design and development of new products and applications as per the varying customer needs. The candidate would be on point and responsible for producing high quality deliverables while working alongside the development team.
Preferred candidates will have:
• 10+ years of Software Engineering experience, with at least 5 years working in Java, Spring and AWS
• BS Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent experience required
• Experience in all phases of SDLC - Analysis, Design, Development, implementation, testing and maintenance of software
• Expertise in Spring Framework modules such as MVC, Spring JDBC, Spring Data JPA, and Spring Boot. Solid understanding of Microservices and how to implement it.
• Hands on experience in Web Services using SOAP, WSDL, REST API and Schemas XSD with strong skills in understanding and implementing Service Oriented Architecture (SOA).
• Experience in implementing Java EE design patterns such as MVC, DAO, DTO and Session Façade
• Experience in implementing Cloud Solutions in AWS utilizing S3, EC2, SNS, SQS and NOSQL DB etc.
• Expert abilities working with RDBMS like MYSQL, Oracle or DB2
• Experience with Unit Testing on Java/Cloud platform
• Experience with build tools like Maven and logging tools like Log4J.
• Experience with source control frameworks such as GIT and other collaborative engineering tools like Jira and Confluence
• Experience with industry best practices — CI/CD/Automation
• Troubleshoot and resolve bugs, working with UI/mobile developers as necessary
• Collaborate with team members including working closely with the Offshore team
• Advanced communication (verbal and written) and customer service skills.
• Quality as mindset and personal goal.
• Interface with other technical personnel and architects or team members to finalize requirements.
• Write and review portions of detailed specifications for the development of system components of moderate to high complexity.
• Work closely with other development team members to understand moderately complex product requirements and translate them into software designs.
• Successfully implement development processes, coding best practices, and code reviews.
• Operate in various development environments (Agile, Waterfall, etc.) while collaborating with key stakeholders.
• Keep abreast of new technology developments.
• Complete bug fixes.
• All other duties as assigned.
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.”