Sr Service Now Developer #30082
|Location: Atlanta, Georgia|
|ID Number: #30082|
Sr Service Now Developer
We are changing the way we do business from top to bottom as we strive to create meaningful and innovative solutions and are looking for team members to help us realize our vision.
Responsible for participating in the development, maintenance, enhancement, and support of the ServiceNow platform HR Suite following vendor best practices.
• Works with the Business / Product Owner and development team to provide estimated level of effort
• Takes ownership of high level / complex business requirements and works them to completion
• Understand business user stories / requirements in order to provide the technical design and solution for product enhancements / new features.
• Design, Development and Implementation of the HR Service Delivery module including: Case and Knowledge management, Employee Service Portal, Virtual Agent, Machine Learning, Edge Encryption, and search
• Collaborate with many teams and stakeholders locally and remote to efficiently and effectively deliver product enhancements, new features, and defect fixes.
• Provide updated documentation of all product work including but not limited to, design documentation, technical operations / support documentation, and release notes.
• Support existing and build new interfaces and have a good understanding of available integrations with 3rd party tools.
• Performs peer review of code prior to functional testing
• Ensure all work adheres to the processes, policies and best practices for development and the platform for Delta and ServiceNow.
• Maintain updated knowledge of product capabilities in order to ensure we are best utilizing the platform with minimal customization.
• Assist team members with support issues.
• Participate in daily standups to report status, delays and risks to scrum master / team leads / management.
• Work with members of the team, vendors, and other teams in support of application performance tuning and troubleshooting.
• Ensure the system maintains compliance with Delta's policies and procedures, including HIPAA, SOX, PCI, and data retention processes.
• Practices safety conscious behaviors in all processes and procedures.
• Serve as a mentor to other team members and provide technical guidance to the process and management teams. *May perform other duties as assigned. Required Qualifications:
• BS/BA, preferably in a technical or scientific field or equivalent experience, education, or training. Previous airline experience preferred.
• 5 or more years of experience in application design, development, installation, and modification
• 5 or more years of experience in ServiceNow Platform development, certification preferred
• 3 or more years of experience in ServiceNow HR Service Delivery (scoped version) development, certification preferred
• 3 or more years of experience in Agile development practices, Kanban / Safe preferred
• Demonstrable experience with database design schemas and data modeling
• Demonstrable experience creating and maintaining business rules, data policies, client scripts, UI policies, UI Actions, Notifications, ACLs, Workflow, Variables, Portal Widgets, and Flow Designer Flows
• Demonstrable experience creating and maintaining configuration and customization to the HR Service Delivery suite in the ServiceNow Platform including Case and Knowledge management, Employee Service Portal, Virtual Agent, Machine Learning, Edge Encryption, and search Major Skills and Competencies:
• Communication Skills- The ability to communicate verbally and in writing with all levels of employees and management, capable of successful formal and informal communication, speaks and writes clearly and understandably at the right level.
• Integrity and Trust - Involves being widely trusted, being seen as a direct, truthful individual, can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner, keeps confidences, admits mistakes, and doesn’t misrepresent him/herself for personal gain.
• Teamwork - Involves working well in a collaborative setting, supporting work team by volunteering for and completing assignments, acting as a positive team member by contributing to discussions, developing and maintaining both formal and informal relationships enterprise-wide, defines success in terms of the entire team through mentoring and knowledge transfer.
• Technical Expertise - Involves demonstrating a commitment to increasing knowledge and skills in current technical/functional area, keeping up to date on technical developments, staying informed as to industry practices, knowing how to apply relevant technical processes to appropriate business needs.
• Dedication - Involves demonstrating a desire to dedicate time and energy to accomplish goals, tasks, assignments, etc. Will do what it takes to get things done.
• Knowledge of Software Development - Involves knowing the general approach to developing software including practice, concepts, technology, and methodology obtained through formal training and/or work experience. • Problem Solving - Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions, probes all fruitful sources for answers, can see hidden problems, is excellent at honest analysis, looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answer.
• Programming Ability - Ability to effectively write code (e.g., in one or more languages) in order to develop effective and efficient solutions to computing needs.
• Solution Oriented - Maintains a positive attitude oriented towards coming up with solutions and developing new approaches, doesn’t let distractions get in the way, isn’t overwhelmed with problems/ issues.