Long Term Contract
- Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills: Bachelors degree in related field
- Highly desirable Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred
- Possess high technical expertise and technical project management experience
- Preferred - minimum of 7 years of experience managing multiple medium/high complexity projects in a matrix resource environment, working with diverse project sponsors across multiple business units Experience influencing and managing project teams without formal direct reporting relationships
- Experience managing System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) projects using an iterative methodology preferred
- Comprehensive knowledge of PMI based project management competency areas and methodologies and experience applying these methods to manage successful projects
- Proven leadership in managing multi-company, cross-functional teams and/or projects Analytical skills are required to effectively manage activities related to budgeting, forecasting, monitoring, process management, risk management, quality control, and reporting
- Proven ability and determination to manage multiple projects under tight deadlines
- Strong oral and written communication skills and experience, leveraging these skills to interact with all levels of management
- Effective interpersonal skills required to develop and maintain system-wide and external relationships
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills High-level understanding of IT infrastructure and application architectures is desired
- High-level of proficiency in Microsoft Office products, particularly Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Project
- Serve as a communication clearing house for all formal project status reporting
- Assess dependencies amongst the projects in the program and monitor the progress of projects to ensure continuous alignment with program objectives
- Develop and maintain all project deliverables throughout the project lifecycle and review the deliverables with IT Program Managers and Leadership
- Identify project risk, develop a risk management plan and actively manage risk throughout the project lifecycle.
- Master's degree in Project Management or related technical field required
- Professional Project Management Certification from accredited intuition preferred
- Demonstrated understanding of Project Management processes, strategies and methods
- Experience mentoring, coaching and developing rising talent in the technology department
- Excellent time management and organizational skills and experience establishing guidelines in these areas for others Strong sense of personal accountability regarding decision-making and supervising department teams
- Experience working in a high-level collaborative environment and promoting a teamwork mentality
- Managerial experience applying analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to predict challenges and seek to proactively head-off obstacles.
- The Project Manager defines job requirements for project planning, scheduling, monitoring, reporting, and implementing project and/or interrelated programs activities.
- The job progression identifies responsibilities ranging from providing support for small to medium projects to development of strategic or tactical operational plans.
- The projects in scope for ‘application’ role family are any development, support, and maintenance of existing applications or new development work.
- The projects in scope for ‘infrastructure’ role family are ongoing maintenance and upgrade / migration of infrastructure assets. '
- Leads project planning, scheduling, monitoring, and reporting activities for small to medium projects.
- Facilitates needs assessment and the development of recommended project control solutions to be used for planning, scheduling, and tracking projects through integration of various PM tools.
- Determines, monitors, and reviews all project economics to include costs, operational budgets, staffing requirements, resources, and risks. -Plans, schedules, monitors, and reports on activities related to the project.
- Controls project requirements, scope, and change management issues.
- Establishes appropriate metrics for measuring key project criteria. -Manages changes in operational plan.
- Develops project control and reporting procedures and manages changes in operational plan.
- Undertakes status review meetings among project team members and clients.
- Typically manages a project with a team size of approximately 7 FTEs.
- Determines client requirements and translates requirements into operational plans.
- Identifies and assembles the appropriate blend of resources to meet project needs and requirements; manages sub-contractors.
- Creates communication plans, ensuring that appropriate information is exchanged key stakeholders.
- Typically manages a project with a team size of around 15 FTE
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.”