5+ years SAP ABAP development experience. Must have experience and expert knowledge of ABAP development objects including: Dialog programming, User-exits, BADIs, Smart Forms and/or Adobe Forms, ALV, BAPIs, RFCs, and other SAP development tools.
• 5+ years progressive in-depth experience in Enterprise Portal Technology SD/ MM, EWM SAP Net Weaver Portal, NWDI, WebDynpro for ABAP, WebDynpro for JAVA, SAP UI5 and ODATA Services.
• Hands-on experience in enhancing custom UI5 applications using SAP Web IDE.
• Understanding of SAP Security Concepts such as Role-Based Authorizations and Structural Authorizations. Strong problem solving and analytical skills. Must be able to work individually or within a multi-disciplinary team
• Understand and be fluent in the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and Quality Assurance methodologies for SAP upgrades and enhancement pack upgrades. Must be able to perform systems analysis and design activities in accordance with development methodology and institute best practices and appropriate standards
• Hands-on implementation experience in SAP and the cross-function relationship between modules for forms, reports, interfaces, enhancements, BDC, LSMW, BADI, BAPI, workflow and other development work
• Expert ability to review and comprehend technical specifications and be able to coordinate with functional team for development activities • Strong knowledge and understanding of SAP Transport layers, IDOCs and interfaces and the different kinds of Transport Request and SAP best practices in handling transports
• Understanding of all the key enhancements spots (BADIs and User Exits) and how to best leverage them to meet customer specific requirements with minimal risk
• Tenacity to set and achieve complex objectives from multiple teams in order to meet business objective, and to effectively manage cross-functional resources
• Must have an in-depth all round technical and functional knowledge in SAP and network infrastructure
• Exemplary troubleshooting skills and ability to drive root cause analysis on incidents and problems
• Excellent working knowledge of ITIL/ITSM service management practices, specifically incident management, change management and problem management.
• Must have experience with upgrades in a critical, 24/7, high availability and highly enhanced environment. Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to transition smoothly between technical and business vernacular, tailoring communications to the audience. Expert ability to build partnerships with technical team members across the organization.
• Experience working with HANA databases is preferred • Experience developing user interfaces using Fiori is required.
• Provide technical leadership to the application teams for new development, enhancements and ongoing maintenance of Delta Air Lines SAP HCM system landscape. Analyze support issues in interaction with functional team members and business analysts. Report delays and risks to team leads.
• Supports existing and new interfaces, and has good understanding of integration with 3rd party tools.
• Collaborate with many teams including security, functional, development and operations support groups to efficiently and effectively deliver operational excellence.3rd party teams are on-site, off-shore and in-house.
• Provide oversight to all SAP systems that include systems such as ABAP, PI, Portal, Fiori, and SuccessFactors.
• Collaborates with other Delta IT groups in order to solve technical issues. Establishes and monitors escalation of problems.
• Work with other development teams in support of application performance tuning and troubleshooting. Partner with Change and Release Management to ensure a stable operating environment during any transitions and changes.
• Ensure all processes are in compliance with Delta's policies and procedures, including SOX, PCI, and data retention processes
. • Practices safety conscious behaviors in all processes and procedures. Serve as a mentor to other team members and provide technical guidance to the management team.