Long Term Contract
- Our client is seeking a Java and Web Applications Developer to work in the IT Technical Operations portfolio.
- The Java/Web developer will be responsible to analyze requirements, document technical solution, develop and implement to support applications used by Frontline aircraft maintenance technicians and in maintenance shops.
- This position requires working closely with Internal Customers, business analysts, database and network groups and QAs.
- 2-6 years of experience required
- Bachelor’s Information Systems, Computer Science with 2 or more years of IT experience, or any equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training. Expertise in Java backend and related framework and tools, relational DBs Oracle/UDB, Linux/Unix, Shell Scripting, MS SQL, Windows OS.
- Working knowledge of AWS is required.
- Experience in Web application frameworks and API technologies like JQuery, AngularJS, Swagger and Springboot.
- Experience in GIT and DevOps pipeline including TDD and test automation.
- Build, implement and maintain continuous integration (CI) and continuous deployment (CD) pipelines to achieve the automation of software delivery.
- A good understanding of different Agile Methodology is required.
- Experience in an airline MRO software application development shop is a plus.
- Understand, document, and prioritize Technical requirements.
- Become and remain knowledgeable on key business processes and systems and how they operate/integrate.
- Manage the relationship between IT and key stakeholders and management teams
- Leverage emerging technologies to facilitate business solutions.
- Identify gaps in the application functionality and reliability and provide technical solutions.
- Provide efficient solution and deliverables to shorten the project life cycle, where applicable.
- Work with business analysts and product owners to fix software bugs and escalate issues.
- Develop and support user acceptance Criteria.
- Own the quality of the product delivered by engaging closely in QA activities.
- Create visual models (flowcharts, class and activity diagrams, sequence diagrams).
- Lead resolution of issues with interfacing systems built on different technologies.
- Facilitate and participate in regular scrum ceremonies for product status reviews.
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.”