Sr. Java/API Developer
2-6 Years of Experience Required
- 3 or more years of Java/J2EE development, hands-on troubleshooting and deployment experience.
- Experience with development and deployment on WebSphere Application Server.
- Experience with full stack Cloud-native development, RESTful APIs and serverless microservices with Springboot
- Experience with Design Patterns, 12-factor design principles and algorithms
- Experience with DevOps: Git, Jenkins and/or Ansible
- Solid data modeling skills both for SQL (Oracle) and NoSQL (Cassandra, MongoDB)
- Knowledge and/or experience with messaging solutions such as ActiveMQ or Kafka.
- Knowledge and experience with Test Driven Development with a testing framework. Knowledge of Cucumber is a plus.
- Knowledge and experience with Apache Cassandra. DataStax Enterprise is a plus.
- Experience deploying applications in AWS or OpenShift (Kubernetes) is a plus.
Essential Soft Skills:
- Embraces diverse people, thinking and styles
- Consistently makes safety and security, of self and others, the priority
- Ability to clearly communicate with peers, business analysts, and subject matter experts
- Must have the ability to listen to customers and colleagues; convey ideas effectively; prepare written documentation
- Proactive in nature with customer satisfaction as a primary goal
- Embraces diverse people, thinking and styles A plus to have:
- Knowledge and experience with the Travel Industry a plus.
Your primary role is to design, develop, document, test and debug new and existing software APIs
- Design and develop cloud-native applications, features and enhancements with an emphasis on clean, highly efficient, supportable, and well documented code for the full technological stack
- Contribute to agile development teams.
- Understands user and process requirements and ensures those requirements can be achieved through high-quality deliverables.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.