Sr. Test Engineer
Long Term Contract
Sr. Test Engineer job description has been developed to support both the testing functions in the System Test and Integration Test environments. System Test Engineer is responsible for creating and leading master test plans, test cases, and test schedules for the projects. Primary responsibilities include the execution of test cases and scenarios across individual development projects within the System Test environment. Ensures established methodologies and standards are used in product testing. Integration Test Engineer has responsibility for providing mentoring support to the project team throughout the Development Lifecycle. This mentoring begins in the requirements development phase to ensure all requirements are both testable and verifiable, and continues through system test. The Integration Test Engineer is responsible for conducting Integration test and to support the implementation methodologies of new documented, standardized, repeatable testing processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Systems with one to five years of experience in an IT testing environment and/or any equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training that enables the candidate to meet the entry requirements.
- Communication Skills - The ability to communicate verbally and in writing with all levels of employees and management, capable of successful formal and informal communication, speaks and writes clearly and understandably at the right level.
- Integrity and Trust - Involves being widely trusted, being seen as a direct, truthful individual, can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner, keeps confidences, admits mistakes, and doesn’t misrepresent him/herself for personal gain.
- Teamwork - Involves working well in a collaborative setting, supporting work team by volunteering for and completing assignments, acting as a positive team member by contributing to discussions, developing and maintaining both formal and informal relationships enterprise-wide, defines success in terms of the entire team through mentoring and knowledge transfer.
- Develop/create master test plans and related documents, test cases, and test schedules.
- Execute test cases/scenarios across development projects. Test types to include functionality, user interface, regression, security, and user acceptance.
- Document test scripts and test plans tied back to requirements.
- Identify and track defects, issues, risks, and action items.
- Validate requirements for system testing, report preparation, defect recording, and defect tracking.
- Create defect reports for problems discovered during system test.
- Perform regression testing to validate the resolution of any software or system defects.
- Provide input for program schedules and is responsible for creation and development of Used Cases.
- Development of test plan, test cases, and project schedules.
- Execution of test cases/scenarios across numerous project platforms in the Integration test environment.
- Responsible for test types which include: functionality, user interface, regression, connectivity, performance, load, stress, user acceptance, failover/recovery, and supportability.
- Develop and update integration test plans and procedures.
- Validating requirements for integration testing.
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.”