Sr. Business Analyst
Long Term Contract
Do you have superior analytical skills, ability to build relationships with product owners and business stakeholders and partner in defining features to deliver? If you’re a highly-motivated individual, with genuine interest in technology and interested in continuously delivering valuable features to our customers then join us at Delta Airlines! We are seeking a strong Agile Business Analyst, who has worked in agile/scrum/kanban environment, partnered with business stakeholders (Product Owners, Product Managers) in defining agile requirements (Epics/Stories) and enabling agile teams to deliver incrementally.
- Scrum Master or Product Owner certification o Has some experience as a product owner or has worked closely with product owners
- Experience with Content Management Systems
- Extensive experience working in scrum/kanban environment
- Extensive experience defining agile requirements (Epics/stories), including functional and technical in a product/services organization
- Understanding and usage of agile metrics (velocity, burn downs) and help the team be more productive o Experience with root cause analysis and digging into different sources of information (console errors, etc) to understand issue causes and identifying preventative steps and resolutions.
- In-depth knowledge of Agile process and principles o Outstanding communication, presentation and leadership skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills o Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent negotiation skills and ability to partner with business stakeholders to prioritize backlog as necessary o Creative thinker paired with great attention to details
"All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.”
- Ensure that the team always has an adequate amount of prior prepared stories to work on
- Translate Product Owner / Product Manager visions into meaningful Epics and Stories so that the scrum team can incrementally deliver.
- Assist Product Owner with prioritizing stories, epics and themes to ensure work focuses on those with maximum value that are aligned with product strategy
- Assist Product Owner with backlog management, iteration planning, and grooming of the user stories
- Work closely with Product Owner and Product Management to create and maintain a product backlog according to business value or ROI
- Ability to write necessary stories to deliver functionality, such as user interaction stories, or system integration stories or API level stories. Willingness and aptitude to identify technical requirements and translate to adequate technical stories (eg: API creation, integrations, code refactoring, etc).
- Lead story grooming sessions or requirements clarifications sessions.
- Partner with UX to ensure capturing UX requirements and needs into stories.
- Leading root cause analysis of production issues and identifying resolution and preventative steps.
- Keep abreast with Agile/Scrum best practices and new trends
- Understands and documents business requirements and user requirements to ensure system designs meets business needs.
- Ensures knowledge transfer to the support organization occurs prior to system go-live.
- Schedules and communicates the system go-live date.
- Develops and/or update documentations and training materials.
- Ensures IT and SOX compliance is covered.
- Documents functional requirements that describe the system, process, or product to fulfill business requirements.
- Responsible for functional design of application systems across all technologies and platforms.
- Translates user requirements to process and data requirements.
- Converts specifications about business problems into sequence of detailed programming instructions to solve business problems through automation support.
- Constructs program flow charts to describe the processing of data and development of precise steps and processing logic across all platforms.
- Provides broad understanding of platforms and applications across all technologies.
- Functions as an IT advisor to the business units.
- Oversees and guides the team of Business Analysts I, II