BASIC FUNCTIONS: This position performs moderate to complex research, design, and software development assignments within a specific software functional area or product line.
This is an exciting opportunity to learn cutting edge, and dynamic technology built to make “Big Data” management easier and simpler. This role will include extracting, loading, cleansing, translating, manipulating, analyzing, linking and indexing massive amounts of data utilizing cutting edge technology and techniques. This position will have the opportunity to work alongside talented colleagues with a variety of skills and business/industry content knowledge and will collaborate closely with internal business stakeholders and technical teams to deliver a product experience that aims to exceed customer expectations.
• 5 years of Software Engineering experience
• BS Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent experience required
• Proficiency with data manipulation languages. (ETL - Informatica/SSIS etc) and SQL
• Ability to work with simple data models.
- Python scripting.
• Familiarity of industry best practices — code coverage.
• Experience working with Cloud Technologies – Azure
• Experience working with DevOps tools – Kubernetes, Docker is a plus
• Basic knowledge of software development methodologies (e.g., Agile, Waterfall).
• Basic knowledge of data manipulation languages.
• Knowledge of data storage subsystems.
• Knowledge of test-driven development.
• Ability and desire to learn new processes and technologies.
• Basic oral and written communications skills.
• Write and review portions of detailed specifications for the development of system components of moderate complexity.
• Complete moderate to complex bug fixes.
• Work closely with other development team members, Quality Analysts and Business to understand product requirements and translate them into software designs.
• Operate in various development environments (Agile, Waterfall, etc.) while collaborating with key stakeholders.
• Resolve technical issues as necessary.
• Keep abreast of new technology developments.
• Make major code design and changes to new & existing products and be a primary point of contact for products they develop or own.
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.”