JR. SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR – Langley AFB OSC – Hampton, VA
Datum Software, Inc. Government Solutions (GS) is seeking a qualified Jr. System Administrator candidate to support the U.S. Air Force (USAF) at Griffiss AFB in Rome, NY. We are looking for candidates to fill a position on the Operational Support Center (OSC) - Operational and Technical Services contract which supports the Air and Space Operations Center (AOC) Weapon System. The AOC is the senior Command and Control (C2) element of the Theater Air Control System (TACS) and operational level focal point for C2 of air and space forces during Air Force and combined (coalition)/joint operations. Air Combat Command (ACC) is the Lead Command, Combat Air Force (CAF) lead, and force provider of AOC equipment and personnel as an Air Force component.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The System Administrator shall support the Chief of Comm Support Team to ensure servers, workstations, peripherals, communications devices, and software is on-line and available to the user. The Contractor will provide training and continuity throughout the unit regarding C2.
- Install, configure, maintain, and administer C2 systems and other servers including, but not limited to, TBMCS, MAAP-TK, GCCS-J, JADOCS, VMware, and Citrix. Tasks include, but are not limited to, auditing system logs, password changes, authoring/deploying group policies and user account maintenance.
- Install, maintain, and administer software based on commercial operating systems, including but not limited to Windows XP/7/10, Solaris, Linux, Unix, and Windows Server 2008/2012/2013.
- Load C2 system application software and patches.
- Install, configure, and maintain rack mounted and stand workstations/servers.
- Manage local system backup.
- Manage remote system backup connections and utilities (e.g. SnapMirror).
- Coordinate with local and remote users, workgroup managers, and communications focal point personnel to resolve computer software and hardware problems.
- Coordinate changes to the C2 systems network, computers, servers, or LAN systems with communications focal point and configuration management personnel.
- Participate in Development Test and Evaluation (DT&E) and Operational Test and Evaluation (OT&E) of C2 systems and new technologies as directed by the Government.
- Provide system administration subject matter expertise during the design, procurement, and fielding of hardware/software systems.
- Provide mentorship and training to newly assigned C2 systems administrators, engineers, or other users as required. Create new training tasks as required.
- Collaborate with local AOC Training Managers as necessary to ensure mission qualification training (MQT) requirements and instruction are accurate and are representative of current local configurations, technologies, and support responsibilities.
- Provide trouble ticket management, coordination, and resolution as a member of a global AOC/C2 system help desk.
- Provide Ryan Center communication infrastructure support.
- Travel, at the Government’s request, to support installations, conferences, testing, troubleshooting, or training. Travel may be OCONUS or CONUS.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution with one to two (1 - 2) years of experience or a minimum of three (3) years of experience in lieu of a bachelor’s degree in a USAF AOC, or joint partner equivalent, and demonstrated proficiency administering operational-level C2 and associated systems including, but not limited to, TBMCS, MAAP-TK, GCCS-J, JADOCS, VMware, and Citrix. (Experience within an USAF AOC is preferred over joint experience.)
- Demonstrated proficiency using unclassified (NIPRNet) and classified (SIPRNet) network enterprise environments, office automation software to include Microsoft operating systems and Microsoft Office suite of applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook), and hardware virtualization environments.
- Demonstrated systems administration proficiency with Microsoft Windows operating system software for servers and workstations.
- Demonstrated systems administration proficiency with Sun Microsystems Solaris operating systems software for servers and workstations.
- Familiarity with Cisco IOS, NX-OS, VMware Networking, and NetApp FC storage networking.
- At contract start, contractor shall possess certification(s) in accordance with DoD Manual 8570.01-M / CompTIA- Security + Certification (or its replacement), commensurate to IAT LVL II (Cisco CCNA, Cisco CCNP, or Cisco CCIE certification desirable)
- Physical Requirement : Work may involve sitting for extended periods. May require lifting and carrying up to 25 lbs. Must have sufficient mobility to enter areas of manufacturing and military sites or facilities where necessary.
- Completion of the Air Operations Center Initial Qualification Network Administrator course (AOCIQTNET), when provided by the Government.
- Other Essential Functions:
- Must be able to work in a team atmosphere. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation.
- Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
- Must be able to travel when necessary to accommodate customer and program requirements.
- Experience supporting AOC operations within classified environments to include SIPRNet and/or JWICS.
- CLEARANCE LEVEL: Active U.S. Secret Security Clearance prior to beginning work. It is highly preferred if a candidate already has a Top Secret Security Clearance with SCI eligibility, but we are able to process the clearance upgrade once the successful candidate has begun in the role.
- Contractor must be able and willing to work on-site at Langley AFB Ryan Center (OSC/AOC).
- Work Environment: Generally an office and data center lab environment, but can involve inside or outside work depending on task.
- Equipment and Machines: Standard office equipment (PC, telephone, fax, etc.), and/or other industry-specific equipment.
- Attendance: Regular attendance in accordance with established work schedule and Performance Work Statement (PWS) contract is critical. Ability to work outside normal schedule and adjust schedule to meet peak periods and surge requirements, when required.
Datum Software Inc. (GS) is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Datum Software, Inc (GS) makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time of posting.