Quality Test Engineer II
Our products utilize server solutions running from a cloud provider along with systems housed within our local data center. We also have native iOS and Android end user offerings within our solution suite.
This position plans and executes effective and efficient performance and automation testing to accomplish on-time and efficient delivery of high-quality software products and/or data
• 1+ years of QA Test Engineering experience
• BS Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent experience required
• Experience with Telematics preferred.
• Strong SQL Experience
• Big data experience preferred.
• Location aware applications with Android and iOS mobile app testing preferred.
• Ability to develop automated tests in NodeJS and cucumber preferred
• Strong understanding of QA methodologies.
• Strong knowledge of process improvement.
• Strong knowledge of the software development process.
• Advanced written and verbal communication skills.
• Proven ability to develop and execute automated and performance testing.
• Ability to identify and implement continuous improvement practices.
• Develop and execute automated and performance testing for assigned projects to successfully and consistently enable delivery of high-quality software products and services on time, on budget, and to specification. Interact with Product Management, Project Management, Engineering, and Operations teams to plan testing for delivery of products and enhancements and to assure products meet product requirements and quality standards.
• Maintain flexibility to react quickly to changes in priorities or circumstances to meet the needs of the business.
• Work with QA/Testing staff, project managers, technical leads, and subject matter experts to plan and execute automated and performance tests.
• Research available tools and participate in initiatives to implement those that will cost-effectively enhance testing capabilities and product quality.
• Research and identify root causes of performance issues in partnership with architects, developers, and network and system engineers.
• Maintain awareness of the state of the industry and evaluate emerging trends/developments that may benefit the organization.
• Cooperate in the enhancement of the methodologies employed for test planning and execution, defect tracking, and metric and status reporting.
• Maintain framework for record retention in order to support internal and external IT audits.
• Work across teams to enhance quality assurance/testing and help to develop/execute performance and automation testing throughout the business as appropriate.
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.”