ORACLE DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR (DBA) – Maxwell-Gunter AFB – Montgomery, AL
Datum Software Inc. Government Solutions (GS) team is currently looking to hire an experienced Oracle Database Administrator (DBA) for the Air Force Deliberate and Crisis Action Planning and Execution Segments (DCAPES) at Maxwell-Gunter AFB in Montgomery, AL. The ideal candidate must possess deep knowledge of Oracle Database concepts, strong administration experience to install, upgrade, administer, and maintain Oracle Databases.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Must be open to supporting patch window operations during the weekends
- Flexibility to support operations (24/7), as required
- Apply monitoring techniques for databases
- Must identity problems before they happen and implement solutions that detect and prevent outages
- Includes troubleshooting, diagnosing and fixing production databases
- Maintain database accounts and catching accounts before they expire
- Provide tools and scripts for automated database backups
- Work with developers to help collect performance metrics and suggest tuning techniques
- Perform installation of database patches and DCAPES database releases
- Install database patches supporting DCAPES applications
- Perform operational support of production systems in a SIPRNET facility
- Working rotations of 8-hours, 5 days per week during normal business hours (M-F)
- 3+ years’ experience with Oracle Databases in DataGuard configuration
- 3+ years’ experience with backup/recovery, SQL, and PL/SQL
- 3+ years’ experience with backup/restore functionality using RMAN
- Demonstrated experience creating automation tools for managing relational databases (auditing account management, backup/restore)
- Experience analyzing issues holistically, from the application tier through the database, down to the storage
- Working knowledge of relational database internals (locking, consistency, serialization, recovery paths)
- Working knowledge of a scripting language such as shell
- Experience working in Solaris 10 and Solaris 11 environments
- Exposure to Virtualization (VMware, Oracle VM SPARC)
- Exposure to security concepts / best practices (STIG, ACAS)
- Exposure to Cloud computing (CloudOne AWS) is preferred, but not required
- When not working in the SIPRNET environment, assist with the ongoing development environment migration to cloud – migrating from Solaris to RHEL. Many of the same things done to support the production systems will be used supporting the development systems.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Datum Program Manager.
- CLEARANCE LEVEL: Active U.S. Government Secret Security Clearance with SSBI (IT Level 1) or eligibility to obtain
- At contract start, contractor shall possess certification(s) in accordance with DoD Manual 8570.01-M / CompTIA- Security + Certification (or its replacement), commensurate to IAT LVL II (Cisco CCNA, Cisco CCNP, or Cisco CCIE certification desirable)
- Contractor must be able and willing to work on-site at Maxwell-Gunter AFB in Montgomery, AL. Relocation assistance may be discussed with GS Leadership Team for the right candidate when offer is made.
Datum Software Inc. (GS) is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Datum Software, Inc (GS) makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time of posting.