Sr Business Analyst
Long Term Contract
Business Analyst defines skills for formulating and defining system scope using information technology and industry knowledge/requirements, based on both user needs and a good understanding of information technology, business processes, and industry requirements.
The job progression identifies responsibilities ranging from assisting, formulating and defining systems scope and objectives to self-directed activities that result in client’s long term improvements in business processes
- 6 + years of experience required Facilitate requirements gathering for products/projects and necessary analysis and documentation to ensure the changes are made.
- Participate in the development and grooming of Backlog Stories (requirements) with business and technology partners, including estimating and sizing effort and release planning.
- Facilitate Planning, Daily Stand Up, and Retrospective meetings. Maintain Epics, Stories, and Tasks in VersionOne.
- Drive delivery and continuous improvement by utilizing feedback and metrics to identify areas of opportunity. Maintain an exceptional level of customer focus centered on integrity and transparency
- Work with the Product Owners to support short and long-term release planning, and to keep backlog health and prepared for execution. Coordinate resolution of issues to include change management, root cause analysis, and appropriate escalation as needed.
- Lead meetings; keep team members focused and facilitate groups to reach timely consensus.
- The ideal candidate has the above plus Three (3) to five (5) years project coordination, organizational and decision making skills.
- Experience in data analysis, SOA, Understanding of XML, SOAP, SOAPUI, and Web service technologies Experienced with one or more Agile development methodologies (i.e. Scrum, Kanban, Lean, etc.)
- Nice to Have: Experience with VersionOne, Swagger Hub, OpenShift, YAML, Gitlab Airline business domain knowledge
- Provides Support, resolving issues not requiring extensive business / system knowledge
- Communicates incident status / clarifies issues with business partner. - Escalates incidents, risks and issues to seniors where business process and extensive system knowledge is required.
- Responsible for a liaison role between the business and IT services providers to ensure functional specs are understood and they have what they need to develop their tech specs.
- Analyzes issues to be solved within an enterprise and helps provide solutions to meet the desired business outcomes through the use of IT
- Understands and documents business requirements and user requirements to ensure system designs meets business needs.
- Ensures knowledge transfer to the support organization occurs prior to system go-live.
- Schedules and communicates the system go-live date
- Ensures IT, InfoSecurity and SOX compliance is covered.
- Documents functional requirements that describe the system, process, or product to fulfill business requirements.
- Converts specifications about business problems into sequence of detailed programming instructions to solve business problems through automation support.
- Constructs program flow charts to describe the processing of data and development of precise steps and processing logic across all platforms. - Provides broad understanding of platforms and applications across all technologies
- Agile project delivery methodology and Version1/Digital.ai Agility knowledge required.
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.”