Sr. Java Developer
Long Term Contract
Delta Air Lines Information Technology is seeking a C/C++/.net/C#, Java and Web Applications Developer to work in the IT Operations Control Centre portfolio. The developer will be responsible to analyze requirements, document technical solution, develop and implement to support applications used by Operations Control Centre. This position requires working closely with Internal Customers, business analysts, database and network groups and QAs.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS C
- Bachelor’s Information Systems, Computer Science with 2 or more years of IT experience, or any equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training.
- Expertise in Java backend and related framework and tools, relational DBs Oracle/UDB, Linux/Unix, Shell Scripting, MS SQL, Windows OS.
- Working knowledge of AWS is required.
- Experience in C, C++, c# .Net application space
- Experience in Web application frameworks and API technologies like JQuery, AngularJS, Swagger and Springboot.
- Experience in GIT and DevOps pipeline including TDD and test automation.
- Build, implement and maintain continuous integration (CI) and continuous deployment (CD) pipelines to achieve the automation of software delivery.
- Must have strong analytical skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A good understanding of different Agile Methodology is required.
- Must have the ability to work well with others in a time sensitive and team environment with minimal supervision, be results oriented and capable of meeting deadlines with attention to detail and follow through.
- Ability to work independently and in a collaborative setting.
- Where permitted by applicable law, must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire to be considered for U.S.-based job, if not currently employed by Delta Air Lines, Inc.
- Candidate must be highly motivated, and keen to work in a fast-paced organization with a passion for working on new technologies.
- Candidate must develop a valued partnership with the business, deal honestly and effectively.
"All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.”
- Understand, document, and prioritize Technical requirements.
- Become and remain knowledgeable on key business processes and systems and how they operate/integrate.
- Manage the relationship between IT and key stakeholders and management teams
- Leverage emerging technologies to facilitate business solutions.
- Identify gaps in the application functionality and reliability and provide technical solutions.
- Provide efficient solution and deliverables to shorten the project life cycle, where applicable.
- Work with business analysts and product owners to fix software bugs and escalate issues.
- Develop and support user acceptance Criteria.
- Own the quality of the product delivered by engaging closely in QA activities.
- Create visual models (flowcharts, class and activity diagrams, sequence diagrams).
- Lead resolution of issues with interfacing systems built on different technologies.
- Facilitate and participate in regular scrum ceremonies for product status reviews.