Sr. Java Developer
Long Term Contract
The Developer is responsible for the analysis, design, construction, testing, and implementation of business and technical information technology solutions through application of appropriate software development life cycle methodology. The scope for Developer (Core) is systems based on core technologies, while the scope for Developer (COTS) pertains to custom off the shelf systems. Developer (Niche) refers to niche technologies such as ecommerce systems and Specialty Development in Delta terminology refers to Mobility and TPF.
- At least 6 years of Java/J2EE development, hands-on troubleshooting, and deployment experience.
- Knowledge and experience with AWS or other Cloud development
- Solid knowledge and experience with Test Driven Development with a testing framework.
- Solid knowledge of full stack Cloud-native development, RESTful APIs and microservices with Springboot
- Solid knowledge and experience with Oracle or PostgreSQL databases
- Knowledge and experience with DevOps: Git, Jenkins and/or Ansible
- Solid data modeling skills both for SQL and NoSQL
- Constructs, tests, and implements portions of business and technical information technology solutions through application of appropriate software development life cycle methodology.
- Participates in standard business and technical information technology solution implementations, upgrades, enhancements, and conversions.
- Uses appropriate tools to analyze, identify, and resolve business and/or technical problems.
- Applies specialized knowledge in a single discipline such as assembly/integration, cross-discipline functions, knowledge engineering, industry expertise, or legacy evolution.
- Interacts with the customer to gain an understanding of the business environment and technical context.
- Validates scope, plans, and deliverables for assigned projects.
- Leads the design, development, implementation, and support of information technology solutions encompassing multiple specializations, platforms, and technologies.
- Defines project scope, plans, and deliverables, including proposed implementation dates.
- Researches, analyzes, recommends, and implements new technologies, standard processes, tools, and techniques.
- Assists in defining alternate solutions for the business problem.
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.”