Sr. Business Analyst
- Experience in API practice/program at a large organization
- Strong experience in discovery, identification, and documentation of APIs
- Ability to work with multiple IT and business teams to gather and document API requirements
- Experience developing requirements and test scenarios for automated test suites for APIs
- Demonstrated experience with Agile or other rapid application development methods
- 3 - 5 years of project coordination and previous airline business experience is preferred
- Must possess the technical expertise to apply relevant technical processes to appropriate business needs
- Must be able to effectively and professionally communicate with management, staff and customers as well as demonstrate sound judgment/reasoning skills
- Ability to work independently to achieve exceptional results
- Candidate must have the ability to deliver quality work on time and translate planning into action by following applicable established procedures or methodologies
- Must also have the ability to proactively monitor and control task status by collecting and analyzing task data to anticipate and address barriers
- Strong communication, interpersonal skills, customer service skills, customer focus
- Coaches and mentors team members on business processes and in testing
- Works well within tight deadlines (able to prioritize)
- Must be able to prioritize work on multiple project teams, with the overall goal of satisfying all deployment needs and effectively supporting diverse clients.
The Business Analyst job family defines skills for formulating and defining system scope using information technology and industry knowledge/requirements, based on both user needs and a good understanding of information technology, business processes, and industry requirements. The job progression identifies responsibilities ranging from assisting, formulating and defining systems scope and objectives to self-directed activities that result in client’s long term improvements in business processes.
- Provides BU Support, resolving issues not requiring extensive business / system knowledge.
- Communicates incident status / clarifies issues with business partner.
- Escalates incidents to seniors where business process and extensive system knowledge is required.
- Resolves application incidents and problems that require app code and/or op modifications such as lower complexity software problem resolution, training issues and documentation, and data problems requiring moderate business analysis, extensive business, and/or system knowledge.
- Responsible for a liaison role between the business and IT services providers to ensure functional specs are understood and they have what they need to develop their tech specs.
- Analyzes issues to be solved within an enterprise and helps provide solutions to meet the desired business outcomes through the use of IT
- Understands and documents business requirements and user requirements to ensure system designs meets business needs.
- Ensures knowledge transfer to the support organization occurs prior to system go-live.
- Schedules and communicates the system go-live date.
- Develops and/or update documentations and training materials.
- Ensures IT and SOX compliance is covered.
- Documents functional requirements that describe the system, process, or product to fulfill business requirements.
- Responsible for functional design of application systems across all technologies and platforms.
- Translates user requirements to process and data requirements.
- Converts specifications about business problems into sequence of detailed programming instructions to solve business problems through automation support.
- Constructs program flow charts to describe the processing of data and development of precise steps and processing logic across all platforms.
- Provides broad understanding of platforms and applications across all technologies. -Functions as an IT advisor to the business units.
- Oversees and guides the team of Business Analysts I, II
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.