Sr. Business Analyst
Long Term Contract
Job Description & Responsibilities:
- Working closely with the Commercial Managers and Senior Product Managers and development teams to ensure that the team clearly understands the required functionality to meet market needs.
- Collaborating with product, project and development stakeholders and teams, gathering requirements, coordinating dependencies and identifying risks and opportunities
- Conducts research, performs studies to obtain data; and analyzes problems to advise on or recommend solutions, utilizing knowledge of theory, principles, or technology. Working closely with the Product Owner on one or more Agile development teams by translating product inputs into well-defined functional requirements and user stories. Lead story grooming sessions or requirements clarifications sessions.
- Translating product strategy into requirement documents, using cases and process flows.
- Works with application support and development team to fix software bugs and escalated issues
- Ability to write necessary stories to deliver functionality, such as user interaction stories, or system integration stories or API level stories
- Documents, analyzes and proposes process changes or re-engineering approaches based on an understanding of technical problems
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.”
- Experience in API practice/program at a large organization
- Strong experience in discovery, identification, and documentation of APIs
- Ability to work with multiple IT and business teams to gather and document API requirements
- Experience developing requirements and test scenarios for automated test suites for APIs
- Demonstrated experience with Agile or other rapid application development methods
- 3 - 5 years of project coordination and previous airline business experience is preferred
- Must possess the technical expertise to apply relevant technical processes to appropriate business needs
- Must be able to effectively and professionally communicate with management, staff and customers as well as demonstrate sound judgment/reasoning skills - Ability to work independently to achieve exceptional results
- Candidate must have the ability to deliver quality work on time and translate planning into action by following applicable established procedures or methodologies
- Must also have the ability to proactively monitor and control task status by collecting and analyzing task data to anticipate and address barriers
- Strong communication, interpersonal skills, customer service skills, customer focus
- Coaches and mentors team members on business processes and in testing - Works well within tight deadlines (able to prioritize)